Come together live every day to chat, interact, and make entertainment together
Principal Technical Product Manager - Interactivity
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
The Twitch Video team supports over 6 billion hours of video per year today. We have one of the largest live video distribution networks in the world and a VOD delivery platform. At Twitch we are building a platform to usher in the next few billions of hours of video to be delivered. We believe video delivery is in its infancy and as we look to the horizon, we want to expand our interactive video offerings to customers and partners beyond Twitch. As a Principal Technical Product Manager on the Video team, you will oversee the long-term vision, strategy, and launch of large impactful products related to delivering an interactive feature set alongside live video.
The ideal candidate will have experience creating the product vision and roadmap for early-stage products, ability to develop strategic vision based on rigorous analytics, an understanding of interactivity and user engagement, and ability to present to senior leaders across the company. In addition to defining and driving the roadmap and three year plan for interactivity they will also lead new product development to have direct impact on millions of customers every day.
- Lead the definition, design and construction of large-scale products that easily allow customers to promote interactivity next to live video
- Lead the development of product vision supported by analysis
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements, user stories, and product specifications
- Manage trade-offs among customer experience and performance
- Resolve strategic issues to meet team’s financial and technical goals
- Communicate product plans and results that influence senior executives
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in Product Management
- 3+ years experience working on consumer-facing products
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Experience translating customer needs into detailed product requirements
- Technical fluency; ability to discuss mobile and web architecture and technologies, gauge complexity of a planned feature, make schedule tradeoffs, and evaluate roadmap timeframes with technical team members
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitch at a glance
Twitch focuses on Social Media, Video, Video Games, and Video Streaming. Their company has offices in San Francisco, New York, Seattle, London, and Irvine. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Twitch has raised $35M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2014.