Twist Bioscience -- powering the new bio-based economy, making the world better
Technical Lead, Principal Software Engineer$180k – $250k • 0.0% – 1.0%
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Computer science background with 7+ years industry experience in software engineering, with considerable full-stack web application experience
- Experience with React, Angular, TypeScript
- Deep experience with backend technologies such as node.js, mongodb, postgres, redis, kafka, python, C#
- Knowledge and understanding of Linux family systems and micro-service deployments
- Strong hands-on coding, design, database, and software architecture
- Great team player who enjoys mentoring and sharing their knowledge
- No biology experience required - but we are looking for someone who loves to learn outside their field
- Since this is a key role you must be based or willing to relocate to the San Francisco Bay Area.
Why Twist Bioscience?
- Truly unique mid-stage startup led by experienced, entrepreneurial founders with a proven market and high growth potential
- Backed by leading biotech investors such as Illumina Ventures, Applied Materials, Paladin Capital Group, and ARCH Venture Partners
- Company culture which values work/life balance, family life, and promotes teamwork
- Passionate, diverse, and inclusive team
- Be part of the future of synthetic biology, one of the defining technologies of the future
- Highly competitive salary and equity
- Opportunity to have high impact
- A chance to break from typical software company jobs
We support learning
Work with smart people
Twist Bioscience at a glance
Twist Bioscience focuses on Biotechnology, Healthcare, and Chemicals. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, South San Francisco, and Carlsbad. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Twist Bioscience has raised $253.1M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2018 at a valuation of $400M.