Twist Bioscience -- powering the new bio-based economy, making the world better
Sr Software Engineer - Instrument Software$140k – $170k • 0.0% – 0.01%
The Instrument Software group at Twist is a small team with a very big impact. Our team develops the software suite that runs multiple custom instruments and tightly integrates with back-end web services and bioinformatics pipeline.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Proficiency in C# and/or C++
- 6+ years industry experience
- 2+ years experience with hardware integration, system bring-up and validation
- Mastery of object oriented programming concepts, and clean software architecture design
- Ability to take a hands-on approach to software and hardware development
- Image processing experience
- Experience with Git or similar version control systems
- Master's or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field
- Electrical and mechanical engineering experience is a big plus
- Experience with the latest .NET is a plus
- WPF experience is a big plus, and an eye for clean UI design is greatly appreciated
- Interest and ability to learn other programming languages as needed
- Highly competitive salary and equity
- Best-in-class benefits including health, dental, vision, disability insurance, life
- insurance, 401k
San Francisco, CA
Mission Bay / Dog Patch area
Walking distance from Caltrain (4th and King), free shuttle available from Caltrain
On KT line, UCSF/Mission Bay stop
Great views of downtown and the bay
Authorized to work in the US
About Twist Bioscience
At Twist Bioscience, our expertise is accelerating science and innovation by leveraging the power of scale. We have developed a proprietary semiconductor-based synthetic DNA manufacturing process featuring a high throughput silicon platform capable of producing synthetic biology tools, including genes, oligonucleotide pools and variant libraries. Our platform overcomes the current inefficiencies of synthetic DNA production, and enables cost-effective, rapid, high-quality and high throughput synthetic gene production, which in turn, expedites the design, build, test cycle to enable personalized medicines, pharmaceuticals, sustainable chemical production, improved agriculture production, diagnostics, biodetection and data storage. For more information, please visit twistbioscience.com. Twist Bioscience is on Twitter. Sign up to follow our Twitter feed @TwistBioscience at twitter.com/TwistBioscience.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
We support learning
Work with smart people
Twist Bioscience at a glance
Twist Bioscience focuses on Biotechnology, Healthcare, and Chemicals. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, South San Francisco, and Carlsbad. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Twist Bioscience has raised $253.1M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2018 at a valuation of $400M.