Frontend Software Engineer (academic credit required)No salary
This is a 6 month internship. You need to show proof that you can receive academic credit or participate in your university's Co-Op program
The short & sweet summary.
Twine helps companies like Evernote, Birchbox, and DollarShaveClub make smarter people decisions by using predictive analytics and visualizations that replace their clunky HR systems.
We’re a fast-growing SaaS company - growing 30% month-over-month and backed by industry leaders like Adam Grant, founders of billion dollar companies, and Sand Hill Road VCs.
Now we’re looking for software engineering interns who want massive impact and incredible growth opportunities in a rapidly scaling team.
Click here to see what one of last year's interns worked on!
What you’ll be doing.
- Learn from excellent engineers a small, highly-collaborative team. You’ll join a world-class team, including engineers with 10+ years of startup experience and advisors who are founders/CTOs of billion-dollar companies.
- Drive ambitious technical projects that immediately impact our users. Some upcoming projects: interactive data visualizations (React/D3), API integrations (Python/Airflow), and predictive notifications and alerts (pandas/numpy).
- Grow incredibly quickly as our company scales. As an early team member, you’ll have massive ownership and a steep learning curve. You’ll pick up new responsibilities as you grow, and work directly with the founders.
What you’ve done.
- You’ve built complex, modern web applications. You’re familiar with modern web technologies through class projects and previous work experiences. You’ve also led at least one significant project or technical initiative.
- You’re hungry, ambitious, and excited to grow. Previous interns have learned more in their first week at Twine than in dozens of engineering classes. You learn incredibly quickly and are always looking to take on more challenges and responsibilities.
More about Twine.
Our team: Our CEO, Joseph, spent years immersed in people analytics research and helped found an innovation team at Nike that grew 10X in a year. He’s also an Inc. 30 Under 30 recipient.
Our technology: Our data ingestion pipeline (Python/Airflow) captures people data from recruiting and HR platforms and uses it to create valuable analytics and insights for our users. Our web application is built in Django and React/Redux, and we use D3 for advanced data visualizations. We use AWS infrastructure, and SaltStack to streamline dev ops, scaling, and deployment.
- Be intellectually curious and humble. Have an insatiable desire to learn, not to be right. Be a “learn-it-all,” not a know-it-all. Have strong convictions, but listen to and learn from others.
- Believe in exceptional outcomes. Believe that ordinary people can do incredible things with the right attitude and will. Be positive, inspiring, and optimistic. (At the same time, acknowledge the demanding work ethic and drive required for success.)
- Get it done. Focus on rapid learning and execution, and be willing to roll up your sleeves and contribute any way possible. Be indomitably resourceful, drive through obstacles, and deliver on goals.
- Help others be great. Treat your teammates, customers, and partners with respect and kindness. Have positive impact on others in all interactions.
If the role isn’t an exact fit but you’re interested in learning more (we're hiring across the stack), send us a thoughtful note! email@example.com
Twine at a glance
Twine focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Analytics, Human Resources, and Hr Tech. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, and New York. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Twine has raised $2.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2018.