Combining IoT Sensors, Machine Learning, and Medical Science to improve human metabolic health
Product Designer₹12L – ₹20L
At Twin, our mission is to reverse chronic diseases, and keep people healthy for life. We’re looking for a mission-driven design leader to join us in improving the lives of people suffering with diabetes and other chronic diseases. In this leadership role, you will work closely with the Doctors, Engineering, and Product teams at Twins to design delightful and intuitive experiences.
The Product Designer will be designing for two main audiences: patients and clinicians. For patients, the designer will craft engaging, simple, and effective Mobile app to educate and motivate them to stay healthy. For clinicians, the designer will be tasked with understanding clinical use cases and crafting intuitive designs that make simple the complex task of caring for patients (both mobile as web). Experience in workflow design and optimization is a significant plus.
The ideal candidate should have hands-on experience designing products from end to end (especially for mobile). Also comfortable designing detailed workflow and intuitive experience for the web . This individual should also be comfortable communicating and discussing the rationale driving design decisions. Startup healthcare experience preferred.
We have our offices in Chennai and Bangalore, but this position can be 100% remote.
- Define user needs, develop user flows, wireframes, and visual designs for mobile and web applications, including clickable prototypes as needed
- Design within the context of responsive/adaptive web apps that build on a design system of reusable components, that you will help define.
- Help define a design system and language, and advocate its application across different products.
- Create detailed designs and specs that document the desired user experience, working within teams to support implementation efforts from concept to delivery
- Maintain high-quality standards for design and work with web developers to ensure designs are within the job scope.
- Clearly articulate your design rationale and concepts, and defend your position with research and user-centered process
- Uncover and decipher the unmet needs of our users, successfully converting their needs into delightful experiences and solutions.
- Ideally, you're a strategic systems thinker with experience building and maintaining design systems that drive quality and efficiency.
- Must provide a portfolio featuring product design work
- 4+ years of UX/product/service design experience
- Experience managing a team of designers is also a plus, but not must have.
- Expertise in designing mobile apps with understanding of apple and material design guidelines (few apps to show in app stores)
- An understanding of hospital and clinical processes is preferred, or demonstrated ability to navigate a large complex organization.
- Ability to communicate clearly with developers, understanding the capabilities and constraints of modern web design
- Strong communication skills, able to justify design decisions and collaboratively brainstorm
We offer Medical, Dental, and Vision plans as well as Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care
We offer a 401k plan for retirement savings.
As an early employee, you may be offered pre-IPO stock options so that you can become an owner of the company and take part in the success of Twins.
Holidays and paid time off
We have 8 company-paid holidays per year. In addition, we offer 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days per year of service.
We provide you with all the hardware that you need to be effective. Standard setups include a MacBook Pro, 27-inch monitor, docking station, keyboard tray, wireless keyboard/mouse, etc. We also reimburse for any ergonomic equipment.
Twin Health at a glance
Twin Health focuses on Healthcare, Health Care Information Technology, Software, Sensors, and Mobile Health. Their company has offices in Mountain View and Chennai. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Twin Health has raised $18M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2020.