Personalized communication that lets you connect with customers over a single API
Manager, Growth Accounts
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Sales Manager of Growth Accounts to lead our Growth Sales team in San Francisco. This person will lead, mentor, and scale a high performing team of full-cycle sales executives (6-10 individual contributors) focused on closing deals covering SMB companies within North America.
Twilio is looking for a Sales Manager that lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of success building and scaling teams of SMB account executives. They also have:
- At least 2 years experience managing a team of account executives with demonstrable examples of scaling the team while achieving increased sales effectiveness
- You have at least 5+ years of consultative solutions selling experience, at least 2 of those years managing teams
- You have experience building high performing sales teams, managing all monthly forecasting, and can support fiscal planning and revenue tracking for all major accounts in the region
- You are analytical and detail oriented. You can collect data and quickly make decisions about next steps in the sales process
- You are a tech-savvy "people" person who learns fast and thinks on your feet. You love working with real customers--listening to them and solving problems
- You should feel comfortable with selling a platform or SaaS, but if you have experience with Contact Centers, Messaging, Call Tracking and other communication solutions...even better!
- You’re ready to roll up your sleeves to get stuff done, doing whatever it takes to retain and delight a customer. You’ve admired the Nordstrom, Apple, and Zappos service ethos
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
As a Twilio Sales Manager of Growth Accounts, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: You are customer focused, metrics driven, embrace a consultative sales philosophy, and are passionate about helping your team succeed.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Our customers are often application owners, software engineering leaders, product managers, entrepreneurs, and line of business owners. You must love talking to all types of customers about building their businesses and helping them drive innovation across many different types of use cases centered around how our customers communicate with their customers.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You will support your team by helping them build and progress pipeline, work across functions (Finance, Marketing, Product) to execute complex deals and lead strategic prospect and customer meetings. You will conduct weekly 1:1's with each team member, provide tactical deal guidance, on the job training, strategic deal coaching, motivation and career development.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Maintain accurate and up-to-date CRM data for your team and provide reliable weekly forecast information to upper management.
The Growth Sales team is a strategic component to our go-to-market strategy. With an ever growing amount of companies being created, along with companies that have been around for many years - our SMB and Mid-Markets are the bread and butter when it comes to companies creating a customized platform for their communication needs.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio at a glance
Twilio focuses on Mobile, Internet, Enterprise Software, Telephony, and Messaging. Their company has offices in San Francisco, New York, Atlanta, London, and Mountain View. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Twilio has raised $363.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2018.