Personalized communication that lets you connect with customers over a single API
Staff, Product Manager - SMS Supplier Platform
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio’s SMS business is growing rapidly with many hundreds of suppliers and carriers around the world that are used to deliver messages for customers. We have a compelling vision for evolving the SMS industry and changing these relationships from suppliers to partners. We are seeking a Product Manager to work with our operations and business development teams to expand upon and deliver this vision. This person will work to define processes to manage Twilio’s supply chain and build a platform and supplier facing tools to transition suppliers to partners and incentivize them aligned with our customer’s needs.
Twilio is looking for an experienced Product Manager who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading building software solutions. They also have:
- 3+ years experience in a Product Management role in a software company.
- (Strongly Preferred) Experience of marketplace dynamics and incentives.
- (Strongly Preferred) Experience of modeling workflows and automating them with software systems, including building self service portals and APIs.
- Excellent communication skills. You are happy to talk to customers and partners, and enjoy evangelizing your product and vision. Strong writing skills, for both product and engineering. You can communicate complex matters concisely and clearly.
- The ability to solicit customer requirements from many - often competing - sources, prioritize, and work with engineering and design to deliver.
- Analytical skills, ability to query (SQL) complex data sets to make data driven decisions and insights.
- Experience working with engineering teams to deliver software using Agile methodologies and lead solution design with engineering partners.
- Technically savvy and experience with the cloud, APIs, communications, enterprise software, and SMS is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
As a Product Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: You will be communicating with other product managers across the globe, from product vision to specifications to product performance analysis, you will be writing and regularly representing your product and your team to upper management.
- DRAW THE OWL and BE AN OWNER: You will act as a leader, not just setting direction for an engineering team, but for your product, it’s customers and business outcomes.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: You will take large, ill defined, and complex ideas and compose clearly articulated roadmaps and work with teams to deliver them on time.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: From broad, company-wide mission statements, you will need to work with your colleagues to align on vision and build a roadmap that we can execute.
- NO SHENANIGANS: You will need to develop a clear point of view and influence the people around you, changing our course if necessary.
SMS is one of Twilio’s key businesses and is backed by a broad and diverse supply chain of carriers and service providers who are managed by business development and operations teams. How we partner and work with these suppliers has a direct impact on Twilio’s customers - ensuring they have successful communication that is competitively priced. It is therefore a critical area of the business that we continue to develop and innovate.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position can be located in Veerenni 38, Kesklinna, 10135, Tallinn, Estonia, though considering the world’s current circumstances you will start from your home office.
Around the world, Twilio offers great benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio at a glance
Twilio focuses on Mobile, Internet, Enterprise Software, Telephony, and Messaging. Their company has offices in San Francisco, New York, Atlanta, London, and Mountain View. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Twilio has raised $363.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2018.