Personalized communication that lets you connect with customers over a single API
Senior Software Engineer - Media Processing
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Software Engineer to work in the Media Processing Team to build highly scalable infrastructure and applications for Real Time Communications (RTC). Twilio Programmable Video is powering the next generation of face-to-face Video communication applications by providing developers with the APIs, SDKs and tools to create innovative Video experiences.
The ideal candidate will be a passionate Software Developer with experience in cloud computing and systems with a high degree of concurrency.
Twilio is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record developing cloud or media software. They also have:
- 5+ years experience in C++.
- Proficient in the programming language of choice
- Experience with complex distributed systems or real time systems
- Experience working in the cloud, AWS, Google, Azure
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Bonus points for experience with one of the following technologies: Rust, WebRTC, Gstreamer.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- Be an Owner: Own and advance the Media Platform so it works flawlessly with the best possible performance.
- Draw the Owl: Navigate tough complex problems with a scientific mindset to find feasible optimal solutions. Invent algorithms and protocols to improve quality and performance.
- Write it Down: Synthesize and document designs and implementations so system behaviours are well known and consistent across features.
- Wear the Customer’s Shoes: Understand customer needs and the problems they face when building applications. Propose solutions to make their journey easier with Twilio’s Programmable Video.
- Don’t Settle: Collaborate with other Teams in elevating our standards. Participate in architecture and design discussions to ensure consistency across Video. Advocate for more efficient processes and higher standards across the organization.
- Ruthlessly Prioritize: Understand goals and scopes of tasks. Ensure to be always delivering the highest value features adjusted to requirements and avoid overengineering. Ensure to be working on the right things at the right time.
Voice and Video is one of the largest business units at Twilio and Programmable Video is the fastest growing product in Twilio. We are at the forefront of innovation in the real-time communications industry powering solutions at thousands of companies such as Uber, Comcast, Morgan Stanley and Netflix. Come help up continue to build the most innovative developer platform solving varied customer engagement use cases.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located out of our Madrid, Spain office at Paseo de la Castellana, 77, although working remotely is also an option. Here, over 60 Twilions are fully dedicating their skills to our different products and initiatives while at the same time creating a unique office-culture in what has become one of Twilio’s fastest growing “tech-hub” offices worldwide. An office that, as this year’s terrible COVID-19 pandemic has shown us, can overcome any challenges and stay focused and united during difficult times, always putting the safety and health of our employees and their families first. We have proven we can all have a strong impact and coordinate well together no matter where we work from.
Around the globe, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well-being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio at a glance
Twilio focuses on Mobile, Internet, Enterprise Software, Telephony, and Messaging. Their company has offices in San Francisco, New York, Atlanta, London, and Mountain View. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Twilio has raised $363.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2018.