Personalized communication that lets you connect with customers over a single API
Twilio.org, Solutions Architect
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is seeking a passionate team member to lead EMEA Sales Engineering and Solution Architect efforts for Twilio.org - the social impact business within Twilio. In this role you will have a unique opportunity to work with the world’s leading nonprofits and social enterprises to define and build the next generation of communication technologies for social good. You have the rare combination of technical savviness, social impact experience, and business acumen and are looking to extend your career where these skills can intersect.
Sales Engineer - support pre-sales activities with:
- Educate customers and nonprofit developers on what is possible with Twilio and best practices for solution design and implementation through targeted demos to enterprise and mid-market organization.
- Engage the larger social impact community via online webinars, training, and other technical outbound activities.
- Provide technical guidance to implementation partners to support successful and enable them to deliver end-customer projects
Solution Architect (Land & Expand) - assure consistent approach to large customers across entire Twilio’s portfolio:
- Work directly with large and enterprise level organizations to build blueprints for comprehensive solutions that can be repeated for similar organizations or use cases
- Supporting partner onboarding to ensure joint customer success
- Deliver architectures and documentation to power common nonprofit customer use cases.
- Drive revenue through solving complicated technical and operational equations.
Twilio is looking for a technical leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of pursuing technical sales cycles to meet complex customer requirements. This person will serve as the technical foundation for EMEA Twilio.org, partnering with sales, product, and engineering teams to accelerate Twilio's adoption in the social impact sector. You will use your experience to provide technical expertise, code support, and consultation to help nonprofits scope, design, build, and implement cloud-based communication solutions.
- 7+ years of experience in sales engineering roles with a track record of projects in nonprofit / social impact space.
- Experienced in working with a multicultural environment, including ability to communicate with at least three European languages.
- Fluency in cloud communication technologies across all channels / APIs - expertise with Twilio’s contact center stack: Flex, TaskRouter, Studio, Functions, and Channel APIs
- Disciplined, analytically precise, detail-oriented with strong project management skills (kanban preferred).
- An effective communicator. You provide clear written materials and so-whats, with actionable synthesis and recommendations. You have strong listening skills and you naturally codify and write things down. You will deliver well organized artifacts (sketches, code, demo, presentations, emails, etc) to drive fact-based decision making to improve technical solutioning and social-impact efforts.
- Wear the customer’s shoes. You think through the customer experience of a solution end to end, and focus on resolving pain points for our customers and making it viable for Twilio technology
As a Twilio.org EMEA Hybrid SE / SA, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Go elbows-deep into the technical requirements of the customer ensuring that no bottlenecks are going to limit final solution, think about cost vs functionality as well as think broadly about available technologies for a possible workaround (ie. BYOC)
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Develop an intimate understanding of our sustainable revenue model and social impact goals to drive customer success. Understand our organizational structure, our leaders and managers, and their objectives and concerns. Work relentlessly to make them more successful in helping our customers succeed. Learn the customer's target audience and learn the language.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Efficiently and effectively communicate findings / progress towards building desired solutions based on Twilio components. Distribute your output to your fellow employees (SEs, SAs, SNs, BDs) and improve upon the feedback received.
- DRAW THE OWL: Implement and improve existing solutions for nonprofit and social impact sector. Think about solutions that do not require advanced technologies as the majority of projects are located in underdeveloped areas.
- DON’T SETTLE: Deep dive into customer problem and provide the most efficient solution based on identification of the root cause, determination of improvements, and follow through with action-oriented technical work.
The Twilio.org team works across Twilio’s unique assets - our technology, funding, and employee time - to improve the lives of over 170 million a year around the world. As part of the team dedicated to social impact, you will tackle strategically critical technical foundations across the non-US part of the company, partnering with internal teams, partner organizations and several stakeholders to help nonprofit customers in their digital transformation.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in one of the European offices (work from home during current pandemic measures). Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio at a glance
Twilio focuses on Mobile, Internet, Enterprise Software, Telephony, and Messaging. Their company has offices in San Francisco, New York, Atlanta, London, and Mountain View. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Twilio has raised $363.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2018.