Personalized communication that lets you connect with customers over a single API
Internal Audit Manager
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an Internal Audit Manager with both Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance and internal auditing experience to join Twilio's Internal Audit organization. The team is focused on process improvements through operational internal audits, including data analytics to help the business mature processes, allowing efficiency and scalability while maintaining internal controls to mitigate risks. Reporting to the Director of Internal Audit, this position will work closely with internal audit teams and our Dubling Accounting team as well as other Twilio functional teams to identify process and systems gaps and areas of improvements.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading internal audit and SOX engagements. They also have:
- 5+ years experience in internal audits and SOX compliance (Big-4 or Tech industry is a plus)
- Deep understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements, internal auditing standards, COSO and risk assessment practices
- Deep understanding of risk and internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions, including audit procedures/techniques
- Strong project management and problem solving in a creative and fast paced environment to drive results timely and on budget
- Knowledge of IT general controls and IT application controls
- Excellent communication skills, ability to distill key takeaways quickly and presentation skills that allow effective interactions with business partners
- The ability to work independently and as a team, with limited required direction and guidance, and provide appropriate direction to other internal audit team members and management
As the Internal Audit Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Assist with SOX and IA risk assessments, scoping, internal audit plan development, identifying and documenting control deficiencies, impact and severity assessments
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Lead and manage SOX compliance evaluation effort for assigned processes, including managing contractors, document requests and review of testwork
- BE INCLUSIVE & WEAR the CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Build relationships and collaborate across functional teams within Twilio to identify control deficiencies, process improvement opportunities for efficient, effective and scalable processes, utilizing industry best practices tailored to Twilio
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Assist with developing and delivering meaningful data driven executive presentations, including Audit Committee presentations
- DRAW THE OWL: Assist with process and control documentation and process improvement for new processes as we scale and expand
The Internal Audit is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior management to identify and evaluate key business risks and recommend actions to mitigate risks while improving and maturing processes.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio at a glance
Twilio focuses on Mobile, Internet, Enterprise Software, Telephony, and Messaging. Their company has offices in San Francisco, New York, Atlanta, London, and Mountain View. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Twilio has raised $363.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2018.