Personalized communication that lets you connect with customers over a single API
GM of Phone Numbers
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. With our rapid scale we are seeking a GM to lead our Phone Numbers business unit. As the GM you will be responsible for the business, product and software stack. The GM owns the business success of the product and directly manages the product management and engineering organization, while working closely with Marketing, Sales, and Finance, among others, to fuel customer growth, new customer acquisition and launching new products to unlock new markets.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record:
- 15+ years of hands on product and/or engineering management experience
- Experience managing teams of 40+ people
- High-growth technology company experience
- 5+ years of experience managing a meaningful P&L
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance - be an owner
- Experience with managing, meeting (and exceeding) business targets such as revenue, pipeline and growth.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate between strategic business decisions and their quantitative implications
- Proven experience building and launching complex platforms at scale and providing product direction to meet customer needs
- Detail-orientation with great organizational skills, comfortable with ambiguity and ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science related field is a minimum requirement, or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to be personable yet persistent
As a GM of Phone Numbers, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Own product roadmap that delivers products and features that will help drive revenue growth. Responsible for P&L for a sizable portion of the company's revenue. Lead the strategy, planning, and execution of the team to meet customer demand.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES & DRAW THE OWL: Collaborate with customers to define new platform capabilities and solutions. Maintain strong relationships with key customers, partners and vendors.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Collaborate with internal stakeholders (sales, marketing, support, finance, engineering, etc.) to identify accurate go-to-market strategies which include product plans and pricing frameworks.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Build diverse teams and seek out unique points of view to deliver products that reflect the global population and make communication more inclusive for all.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Promote a positive work environment; select and train new team members; continuously provide feedback, mentoring, and coaching to existing team members. Manage, build, and develop cross-functional product teams. Our software stack is leveraged externally as well as by internal teams. You're responsible for building and operating services that support over 1.6 million developers.
Phone Numbers are a vital piece of how Twilio is transforming the ways businesses and customers communicate with each other. With customers in every industry like retail (Nordstrom, Macy’s), finance (Morgan Stanley, ING), transportation (Uber, Lyft), and hospitality (AirBnB, OpenRent), Twilio is changing how every company talks to their customers. As the leader of our phone numbers business you will be directly responsible for over $100 Million in annual revenues.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our San Francisco office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio at a glance
Twilio focuses on Mobile, Internet, Enterprise Software, Telephony, and Messaging. Their company has offices in San Francisco, New York, Atlanta, London, and Mountain View. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Twilio has raised $363.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2018.