Personalized communication that lets you connect with customers over a single API
Software Engineering Manager, Identity
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for an experienced engineering leader for our Identity Platform Team in Bangalore, India. You will manage and grow an engineering team focused on delivering mission critical distributed systems, focused on Identity and Access Management (IAM). As one of the first hires of our Bangalore office, you will play a key role in building and defining team culture and strategy in India.
- You are a leader who can influence the technical direction of a team, but you understand that your primary mission is growing a rock solid engineering team.
- You grow and lead talented engineers with diverse technical backgrounds.
- You know your team's operational metrics and know how to keep them delivering high quality, resilient, services and products in a cloud environment.
- You use agile methodologies and believe in constant incremental improvements.
- You are a leader that serves your team, empowers them, inspires them, and helps them grow, but knows when to hold them accountable as well.
- You believe in building a culture of learning, knowledge sharing and collaboration.
- You are deeply committed in helping your customers be successful.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science related field is a minimum requirement.
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience
- 2+ years of engineering management experience
- Experience with owning and operating high-scale, high-availability cloud systems
Nice to Have:
- Experience with IAM protocols such as OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SCIM
- Experience with security fundamentals like encryption, message signing and verification
- Experience with JWTs
As an Engineering Manager you will:
- Manage and lead a cross-functional team focused on Identity and Access features.
- Lead your teams through thoughtful design, development, testing, code reviews, and operations.
- Hire, manage and mentor front-end and back-end software engineers to foster their career growth.
- Drive quality, predictability, and velocity on your teams with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Collaborate with Product Management to define roadmaps and priorities.
- Live by and champion our cultural values that define the "Twilio Magic".
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
Twilio's IAM Platform, helps our customers connect to and use the Twilio products that make their businesses successful. Our platform has global reach and operates at cloud scale. Our challenge is to enable our customers, and to protect their data, while providing mission critical IAM features on the Twilio platform.
Twilio is truly unique. We are a company committed to your growth, learning, development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio at a glance
Twilio focuses on Mobile, Internet, Enterprise Software, Telephony, and Messaging. Their company has offices in San Francisco, New York, Atlanta, London, and Mountain View. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Twilio has raised $363.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2018.