Personalized communication that lets you connect with customers over a single API
People Analytics Data Engineer
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a Data Engineer to sit within our People Analytics team and be responsible for finding trends in data sets and developing methodology to help make raw data more useful to our teams. If you enjoy puzzles, creative thinking, and solving challenges with code, this is the right role for you.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and thrives managing concurrent projects while working cross functionally within Analytics and Business Intelligence teams. They also have:
Ability to operate in ambiguity and use creativity to combat challenges with an inherent curiosity about solving problems
- Solid project management and organizational skills
Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ pipelines, architecture, schema design, and row-level security
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
Experience with designing and building Tableau Dashboards & Data Sources
Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools, such as Airflow, Azkaban, Oozie, Luigi, etc.
Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc.
As a Data Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- BE BOLD: Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, AWS, Snowflake, and Workday
- DON’T SETTLE: Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipelines to provide actionable insights into talent acquisition, talent retention and other key performance metrics.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Manage multiple concurrent projects that require inputs from cross-functional stakeholders while balancing impact on business needs
- NO SHENANIGANS: Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
You will be instrumental in our transition to a modern data infrastructure and data governance strategy. The role will have strong leadership, analytical, hands-on technical capability. In this role, the People Analytics Data Engineer will have the key skills required to manipulate and shape data quickly and design ETL processes that scale. This role will work internally with the People Analytics team, reporting directly to the People Analytics leader, to design, build, and maintain our data architecture.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio at a glance
Twilio focuses on Mobile, Internet, Enterprise Software, Telephony, and Messaging. Their company has offices in San Francisco, New York, Atlanta, London, and Mountain View. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Twilio has raised $363.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2018.