Personalized communication that lets you connect with customers over a single API
Staff, Product Designer - Numbers
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Staff, Product Designer to join our UX organization and design effective user experiences and tools aimed at customers of Twilio Phone Numbers business unit, from developers, to small businesses, to some of the world’s largest enterprises.
In this role, you will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams across the company to discover, define, and design experiences that enable customers of our Phone Numbers-related product family to provision, configure, and manage their communication resources for consumers, brands, and enterprises.
The ideal candidate will be an advocate for our customer-informed process, a champion and active contributor to our inclusive-by-default Design System, a partner to our UX team members in upholding our principles and standards, and a UX leader who takes a holistic, human-centered approach to design.
Twilio is seeking a Staff, Product Designer who:
- Has a proven user-centered design workflow that comprises: design, prototyping, presentation, sharing and soliciting feedback, influencing key decision-makers, and collaborative handoffs with developers.
- Can share a portfolio with beautiful, usable, straightforward, and lovable designs that demonstrates technical product thinking and an understanding of user-centered design methodologies.
- Has a demonstrated advocacy for design and research methodologies, and has experience running quantitative and qualitative research, such as usability testing, analysis, interviews, and field studies.
- Holds a passion for feedback and the ability to provide useful and constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
- Experience designing and evolving enterprise application software in a fast-past environment.
- 6+ years of industry experience and a related degree or equivalent experience in software interface design and/or development.
As a Designer on the Phone Numbers team, you will live our Magic Values, and be able to:
- BE AN OWNER: Own and advance the user experience for Phone Numbers experiences including the Twilio Console experience and internal systems.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Engage with our developer community to understand their needs, and design products and workflows to unlock their potential.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Define, design, review, test and specify interfaces, components, systems, frameworks and tools for developer experiences. Articulate the customer problem and success metrics, and gain alignment with stakeholders on your approach to testing, learning, and iterating on a solution.
- DRAW THE OWL: Navigate ambiguity through a scientific mindset - stating hypotheses, testing, learning and adapting.
- DON’T SETTLE: Collaborate with other Product Designers in elevating our standards. Participate in Design Critiques to ensure consistency across Twilio products. Advocate for more efficient processes and higher standards across the UX organization.
- NO SHENANIGANS + BE INCLUSIVE: Remain open, transparent, and inclusive while sharing work at various stages of the process, proactively inviting diverse (and potentially contrary) inputs in your design process, and remaining humble while asking for and providing useful and constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. The UX organization plays a critical role in designing the experience that allows our developer community to meet their communication needs. As a Product Designer at Twilio, you will be a part of a growing and diverse group of designers and researchers, helping to build and shape our design culture and principles.
Twilio’s Phone Number business unit lies at the heart of Twilio's strategic priorities. In this role you will empower the world’s leading and most innovative companies who rely on Phone Numbers products, as well as Twilio itself, which powers Twilio Flex, Twilio’s suite of voice and messaging products. In this highly visible position you will work closely with teams at every layer of the company. Your success will deliver great customer experiences at major brands around the world (Twilio’s customers), and you will enable them to deliver better services to their customers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our San Francisco office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio at a glance
Twilio focuses on Mobile, Internet, Enterprise Software, Telephony, and Messaging. Their company has offices in San Francisco, New York, Atlanta, London, and Mountain View. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Twilio has raised $363.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2018.