Personalized communication that lets you connect with customers over a single API
Senior Director, Contract Operations
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Head of Contract Operations to join our Sales Operations team. We are looking for a leader to help us scale and support our growing sales organization both strategically and operationally from a deal strategy and operational efficiency perspective. This role reports directly to the VP, Global Sales Operations, has an existing team of 10+, and will partner with key stakeholder groups across Finance, Legal, Pricing, Product, Enablement, and Business Technology. This is a high visibility role at Twilio requiring interactions with C-suite, Sales Leaders, and many functions across Twilio.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading Contract Operations or a similar function. They also have:
- 15+ years total experience with at least 5 years in customer order management or Deal Desk providing direct support to sales teams on complex deals
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Comfortable partnering and engaging with cross-functional teams to ensure the best possible support for the sales teams & deal cycles
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to interpret, clearly articulate, handle objections, and appropriately debate difficult issues related to commercial terms and deal constructs
- Ability to excel in a growing, fast paced environment delivering accuracy while managing to deadlines where adaptability is imperative
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Understanding of general software pricing models
- Experience working with Salesforce CRM
As the Head of Contract Operations, you will live the Twilio Magic values
- BE AN OWNER: Lead a team Contract Operations professionals
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Serve as the point of contact for sales on all non-standard business contracts
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Provide guidance and pre-sales internal support to sales on best ways to structure deals
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Ensure that signed contracts are complete and clearly communicated to all relevant parties, including interpretation to support implementation
- WRITE IT DOWN: Examine existing policies and procedures to optimize the end-to-end process from creation of the quote to the completion of signatures with all parties concerned
- BE INCLUSIVE: Share best practices with and provide training to sales team, peers, and outside business units to enhance the quality and efficiency of contracting processes
- NO SHENANIGAN’S: Ensure all approved requests have been properly documented, escalated to the appropriate approval level, and resolved within SLA
As the Head of Contract Operations you will be leading our Contract Operations function and building out the next phase of capabilities in the team to support our rapid growth. Twilio is increasingly selling to more complex Enterprise accounts and expanding internationally. We are looking for a leader who will help us scale in a way that balances the company’s need for deal velocity with the understanding of deal economics. The individual in this role will lead a team of professionals that advises Sales on deal structuring and order form creation, helps define new deal constructs, and works with the other functions to ensure smooth implementation, including accurate pricing and commercial terms to yield the most mutually beneficial agreements between our customers and Twilio. Success in the role requires a high degree of process orientation, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, original thinking to proactively identify new and different approaches to structuring deals, and ability to work across multiple functions as a trusted advisor to help sales teams nurture a deal from quote to cash.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located remotely in the US. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio at a glance
Twilio focuses on Mobile, Internet, Enterprise Software, Telephony, and Messaging. Their company has offices in San Francisco, New York, Atlanta, London, and Mountain View. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Twilio has raised $363.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2018.