Personalized communication that lets you connect with customers over a single API
Financial Systems Director
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an Financial Systems Director to be a key leader in the next phase of scaling the company. The primary responsibility of this role is to lead the selection, implementation and ongoing operations of an enterprise-level ERP system. Reporting to the Senior Director of Financial Systems and Operations within Corporate Finance, this role will be key to help Twilio scale to the next level with the right systems and processes.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading ERP system conversions. They also have:
- 10+ years of experience in Finance (or a combination of Finance & IT) with at least 3 years experience in an ERP system leadership role ideally at a usage-based tech company
- Strong analytical, communication, presentation, project management, and process design skills
- Experience leading a Tier 1 ERP conversion to Oracle or SAP
- Experience working with an ERP system in a large, international business with geographical complexity including multi-currency and multi-organization
- Experience and knowledge of end-to-end IT Software development lifecycle including ideation, planning, requirements, design, development, testing, deployment, support, and ultimate transition to operational teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, IT or related discipline with advanced degree preferred
- At least 5 years’ experience managing direct, permanent staff and consultants / contractors
- Working knowledge with SaaS / Software experience preferred and a strong understanding of GAAP accounting principles and procedures.
- Sarbanes-Oxley compliance experience is a plus. / Experience in developing key controls for SOX Compliance from a systems perspective a plus.
As a Financial Systems Director, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Demonstrated experience documenting clear requirements, timelines, stakeholders, processes, analyses, schedules, roles & responsibilities. You are rigorous in documenting complex ideas, complicated schedules, and technical documentation and are equally adept at creating executive-facing documents that concisely and clearly summarize the key points. You are comfortable communicating using word processing tools, presentations, and spreadsheets.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: You own the process of driving the organization to a new ERP system using strong leadership skills including managing direct & indirect resources, communicating to & influencing senior executives and communicating with stakeholders across the organization. This is a large undertaking and you will need grit, determination, and fortitude.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Be an expert at influencing across all levels of the organization and directing the work of teams that do not directly report to you. You will be relying on many other teams across the organization and must help maintain organization and keep everyone working in alignment. You will need to empower others and hold them accountable while ensuring they complete their contributions to the project.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Must be able to demonstrate strong prioritization skills within tasks like systems strategy definition and leading cost/benefit, fit/gap and pro/con analyses. You know how to make the right trade-offs when there are no great options. You help others maintain focus on what is the most important.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Communicate clearly, be honest and straightforward, act with integrity. You say what needs to be said even if it’s not popular, but can say it with tact.
The Corporate Finance team will be implementing systems and processes that will allow the organization to scale and achieve leverage to set Twilio up for success as a growing $5B+ organization. This position is key to that effort and will have a large impact on the organization’s effectiveness and efficiency.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Denver office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio at a glance
Twilio focuses on Mobile, Internet, Enterprise Software, Telephony, and Messaging. Their company has offices in San Francisco, New York, Atlanta, London, and Mountain View. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Twilio has raised $363.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2018.