Personalized communication that lets you connect with customers over a single API
Senior Product Security Engineer
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio’s Product Security Team is responsible for partnering with Engineering teams to build and deploy secure products for our complex global network. This involves maturing the Secure Development Lifecycle, training developers in secure practices, working with our automation team to scale security, and innovating new ways to help developers secure themselves.
Twilio is looking for an exceptional security engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of maturing the SDL process. They also have:
- 4+ years of experience in Application Security.
- Experience implementing dynamic and static security tools.
- Experience performing threat models.
- Experience performing code reviews and penetration tests.
- Experience with automation
- Commitment to sharing experiences and good security practices with the community.
- Bachelor’s degree in information security, information technology, computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience.
Bonus Points for:
- Docker & Kubernetes knowledge.
- Presenting at conferences or working on open source projects.
- Experience with AWS, GCP, or other cloud platforms.
- Experience with developing security tools.
- Telecom experience
- Experience working with Bug Bounty Programs.
As a Senior Product Security Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Working with security champions across engineering teams.
- DRAW THE OWL: Performing reviews (threat models/code reviews/pentests) against Twilio’s products.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Triaging submissions from our bug bounty program and ensuring they are fixed in a timely manner.
- DRAW THE OWL: Build automation for security@scale.
- BE BOLD: Conduct research to identify new attack vectors against Twilio’s products and services.
At Twilio, maintaining customer trust is our top priority. Keeping that in mind so we do the right thing when things go wrong requires extraordinary discipline and technical leadership. And that’s where you fit in.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio at a glance
Twilio focuses on Mobile, Internet, Enterprise Software, Telephony, and Messaging. Their company has offices in San Francisco, New York, Atlanta, London, and Mountain View. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Twilio has raised $363.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2018.