Personalized communication that lets you connect with customers over a single API
Software Architect (L6), Customer Engagement
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an Architect who is passionate about leading multi-functional R&D teams. Customer Engagement Platform(CEP) team is up-leveling the communication by helping Twilio customers create a target, personalized engagement with their customers. This role will serve as the Architect across the global CEP R&D organization driving product architecture, reducing information silos across the org to improve decision making, and coordinating with other engineering teams to ensure seamless integration with other Twilio services.
Twilio is looking for a leader with a demonstrated track record of leading multi-functional R&D teams. We seek someone with:
- Have a track record of designing and building large-scale, cloud-based, highly available software platforms
- 14+ years of proven experience in software development
- Experience working on customer-facing machine learning implementations (predictions, recommendations, anomaly detection)
- Are an API first developer who understands the power of platforms
- Are passionate about enabling other developers through your leadership and driving teams to efficient decisions
- Have the ability to balance long-term objectives with urgent short-term needs
- Can successfully lead teams through very focused engineering problems.
- Domain Expertise in one or more of: Data pipelines and workflow, customer data platform, machine learning
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science-related field is a minimum requirement
- You’ll bring your deep experience with distributed systems and platform engineering principles to the table. You are passionate about operational excellence and know-how to build software that delivers it. You are able to think at scale, define, and meet exacting availability and performance SLAs while ensuring quality and resiliency challenges across our diverse product and tech stacks are addressed
- Java stack with possibility of using ML platform like Michelangelo, Spark, Presto + open source DBs
A successful day means you have:
- Work with your team providing engineering leadership and ensuring your resources are solving the most critical engineering problems while ensuring your products are scalable, performant, and highly available.
- Focused on delivering the highest quality of services, and you support your team as they push production code that impacts hundreds of Twilio customers.
- Spent time with engineering managers and developers to create and deliver critical new products and/or features that empower them to introduce change with quality and speed.
- Made sure to connect with your team, both onsite and remote, to ensure they are delivering on engineering and operational excellence.
The CEP product is central to Twilio's future transformation. It is the customer engagement platform of the future, enabling companies to engage and retain their target customers. We serve both enterprise customers as well as the developers that work to customize their CEP solution.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to pursuing hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our Bengaluru office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Twilio at a glance
Twilio focuses on Mobile, Internet, Enterprise Software, Telephony, and Messaging. Their company has offices in San Francisco, New York, Atlanta, London, and Mountain View. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Twilio has raised $363.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2018.