Personalized communication that lets you connect with customers over a single API
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to be a part of the SendGrid Email API team, joining a group of talented engineers who build and operate large-scale services that provide Statistics and Analytics functionality to our customers. With billions of emails processed every day, we work hard making sure our services are scalable, available, accurate, and highly performant.
Twilio is looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has experience similar to the following:
- 5+ year of experience in their craft with demonstrated skill progression
- Ability to apply aspects of software engineering to infrastructure and operations disciplines.
- Experience with container technologies and schedulers (docker, kubernetes).
- Experience with multi-cloud environments (aws, azure, gcp) and cloud native service architectures.
- Experience developing and operating highly distributed real time systems
- Experience deploying and managing large Kafka clusters is a plus
- Understanding of Agile processes (previous experience a plus)
- Coding experience in two or more of the following languages: Go, Java, Python, Ruby, or C++ (Our core language is Go)
- A tenacious learner, curious and constantly pushing the boundary of what is possible
- A highly effective collaborator, you work with your team towards common goals
- Self Driven; take complete ownership of your tasks and champion efforts to get your tasks to completion
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field is a plus
As an SRE, you will live the Twilio Magic values and:
- Be an Owner: Serve as the champion of operational excellence. Help design, implement, and operate services and features. Help resolve technical issues/blockers as a developer on the team. Perform thorough and thoughtful code reviews to help maintain high standard of code quality.
- Draw The Owl: Develop monitoring, telemetry, and diagnostics to early-detect and minimize quality of service impacting events. Develop approaches and strategies for improving our services. Be creative, take your own initiative and solve some of our most challenging problems.
- Empower Others: Level up team’s skills on improving performance, availability, and performance of our services. Work with teammates to troubleshoot/determine resolution for complex issues. Develop tools and automation which eliminate manual activities, increase stability, and improve visibility.
- Wear the Customer’s Shoes: Help your team deliver the best experience possible for our customers: Metrics, Alerting, Stress Testing, Service Resiliency and Availability - these are just some of your tools to ensure we are providing excellent service to our customers.
The Twilio SendGrid Email API product is responsible for the core email engine that helps deliver billions of emails every day; and that number is constantly growing! The Email Stats team owns systems responsible for customer facing stats and event data that aids our customers business strategies. As one of the engineers, you will work on challenging projects that will help you grow your skills and career and enjoy being a part of the award-winning places to work.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 400 Spectrum Center Dr. Suite 400 Irvine, CA 92618. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, access to our building fitness center, monthly All Hands and more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Twilio at a glance
Twilio focuses on Mobile, Internet, Enterprise Software, Telephony, and Messaging. Their company has offices in San Francisco, New York, Atlanta, London, and Mountain View. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Twilio has raised $363.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2018.