Sr. Software Developer - NewsCo - CNN Digital
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The Emerging Products & Platforms team at CNN is driven by a shared commitment to put our users at the center of the experiences we build and to push the boundaries on what an exceptional news experience can be. We believe that success is driven by the combined ability of content, design, product, and technology to spark connection, fulfill utility, and build community.
Build New Businesses in News – Great stories make a rich, dimensional world. We are building a platform that elevates diverse voices in media; a space that doesn’t limit or extract for cheap engagement. We are building technology that compresses and expands to preserve the full range of content and creates the trust that leads people to tell stories, to contribute ideas, and to build their community
· You know what makes systems fast, blazing fast, or just average. You have a deep understanding of scaling best practices.
· You write clean, clear code that others can easily parse, maintain and enhance.
· You know how to choose the right technology for the job and can spot when a framework will save you time, when it will get in the way, and when it isn’t worth the trouble.
· You are comfortable talking about code, dealing with uncertainty, prioritizing technical and non-technical tasks, and exhibiting leadership in a dynamic environment.
· Trust makes teams fast & fun
· Focus, set clear milestones, change course if things aren’t moving fast enough
· Don’t argue about the idea, argue about how to test it quickly
· Start, iterate, and simplify. Nobody has the right answer, you discover it
· Be an owner, don’t wait for permission, communicate and consider your impact on others, the company and the culture
· Leverage our strengths (like: when risk is low, move fast and take big swings)
· 5+ years of software engineering experience in at least one of these languages: Go, Scala, Python, C++, Java, or C#
· Experience working on resilient, scalable backend systems
· Knowledgeable about microservices, concurrency, REST and RPC patterns
· Experience working with a few databases, relational or non-relational
· Experience working cross-functionally with engineering and non-engineering teams
· Experience running A/B tests to iterate on a product
· Experience with data processing such as Apache Beam, BigQuery, or Spark
· Experience with monitoring, alerting, and metrics-driven optimizations
· BS in Computer Science or related field
· Remote friendly
Paid time off every year to volunteer
Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
2018 Best Company for Dads
An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Turner Broadcasting System at a glance
Turner Broadcasting System focuses on Sports, News, Television, and Entertainment Industry. Their company has offices in Atlanta. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees. To date, Turner Broadcasting System has raised $100M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2016.