Tunein brings you live sports, music, news, podcasts, and internet radio from around the world
Associate Data Scientist
TuneIn is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current employees, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Here at TuneIn, we pride ourselves on data-driven decision making, and the Analytics team is at the heart of this initiative. We test and learn, harness the power of our data, and share insights to help shape TuneIn’s product and business strategy.
Who You Are
You’re a self-motivated critical thinker whose intellectual curiosity is met with a healthy dose of skepticism. You value the integrity of your work, sanity check analyses before drawing conclusions, and pay attention to the details of your data visualizations. You are a team player who is an excellent communicator, quick learner, and as excited about TuneIn as we are.
What You'll Do
- Lead broad analytics projects core to TuneIn’s business by communicating insights and automating tools to share with teams across the organization
- Build beautiful and engaging visualization dashboards that effectively communicate key business trends and opportunities (proficiency with Tableau a plus)
- Create machine learning models to forecast performance and cluster user types by behavior
- Work cross-functionally with content, finance, marketing and engineering to creatively answer unstructured business questions and harness the predictive power of the results
- Think critically about experimental design and contribute to the statistical theory of the experiment framework to better evaluate results
- Identify opportunities to scale actionable learnings and make strategic recommendations in a time-bound delivery focused team environment
- Masters Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or related field
- Experience with time series forecasting, clustering algorithms, and general machine learning models
- Superior SQL and statistical coding skills (R or Python preferred)
- Experience with data visualization tools (especially Tableau)
- A deep understanding of analytic bias, A/B testing, and experimental design
- Strong background in advanced statistics including regression, non parametric, and predictive modeling
- Familiarity with econometrics and financial modeling a plus
TuneIn at a glance
TuneIn focuses on Mobile, Music, News, and Internet Radio. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, TuneIn has raised $146.122M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2017.