Store Associate Mobility Platform
Tulip's mission is bold. We're a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years. We are driven to disrupt an entire industry and enable one of the world's largest job markets.
Tulip has built a retail mobile software platform that empowers leading retailers such as Mulberry, Chanel, Saks Fifth Avenue, Kate Spade, Coach, and Michael Kors to give mobile devices to their store associates so they can elevate service, sell more and provide a personalized experience.
Tulip is a place you come to make an impact, working with like-minded people to build something meaningful using the best technology. We are growing, and while lean is great, we need more people, energy, innovation, and talent.
Right now, we are adding a Sales Director to the team. As a member of the Sales team, the Sales Director serves as the subject matter expert in our sales cycles. This is a fast-paced, highly-visible, client-facing role that provides the opportunity to use a versatile set of skills and make a big impact on the future of Tulip Retail.
Note: This role involves frequent client interaction and requires approximately 50% travel.
What you'll do:
* Drive the sales process from the first call to the close of business. Communicating a client-specific value proposition and gaining the confidence of the client’s senior operating executives.
* Understand a retail or brand merchant’s store, digital marketing, and IT organization while being able to articulate solution recommendations in a retail industry-focused language.
* Execute a sales process that moves a customer through the traditional software sales cycle
* Developing tailored value propositions and compelling reasons for the customer to select Tulip as their mobile retail partner of choice.
* Manage multiple sales cycles to ensure over achievement of quota
* Networking with existing customer relationships and with Apple/CDW retail sales executives
What you'll bring:
* Proven sales skills and an executive presence.
* 3+ years of post secondary work experience.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills, including the ability to present complex concepts in an organized and articulate manner.
* Ability to work collaboratively as part of a small yet high performance team.
* Solution sales training a must
* Self-starter, hungry, ready to make an impact Retail business domain knowledge is a must
* Familiarity with packaged application delivery and the SaaS model.
* Work experience in Digital Transformation, Marketing, (CX, CRM, EMM, Marketing Automation) or a retail focused solution software company, major systems integrator, or management consulting firm is a plus.
Why we are awesome.
Tulip is hungry and humble. When you join Tulip, you'll be part of a strong, thriving, diverse group of people who come from different disciplines, countries, and experiences. We do what we love and it shows in our unrelenting pursuit of affecting real change. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like our craft.
Tulip is at the cutting edge of technology. We work with big-name retailers. It's a chance to step up to solving complex technical problems and develop a deeper understanding of the retail world while being part of a niche startup style company. We don't fear failure; we embrace challenges. We're excited about taking the lesser known paths, using the open source tools and keeping up with the pace of evolving tech solutions. It's fun, it's fast, and it's future-focused.
Tulip gives back. Inspired, passionate, and committed people helped make us the successful company we are today. We challenge norms and put people before profits. Our CEO, Ali Asaria, created The Tulip Foundation, a charity controlled by all of us, the employees. We believe we can build a great company that changes the technical space while simultaneously giving back to society and the community.
Tulip Retail is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Tulip Retail.
Tulip Retail welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.
Tulip Retail at a glance
Tulip Retail focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Mobile Commerce, and Retail Technology. Their company has offices in Toronto and Kitchener. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Tulip Retail has raised $2.4M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2013.