Store Associate Mobility Platform
Tulip's mission is bold. We're a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years. We are driven to disrupt an entire industry and enable one of the world's largest job markets.
By placing Tulip-enabled iPhones into the hands of associates - at leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Kate Spade, Coach, and Chanel - our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to product and customer information while also being able to transact and collaborate in an omnichannel world.
Tulip is a place you come to make an impact, working with like-minded people to build something meaningful using the best technology. We are growing, and while lean is great, we need more people, energy, innovation, and talent.
Right now, we are adding a Technical Writer to the team. We are looking for someone with strong technical competencies to produce high-quality developer, platform, system integrator, and product documentation that makes Tulip products and services easier to adopt and use.
The team is distributed between Kitchener and Toronto; the role is available at either office
When you join Tulip, you’ll be part of a fast-growing group of people who come from different backgrounds, countries, and experience. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like craft. We prioritize diversity, inclusion and building a community, and we stay humble and hungry.
Who you are?
* Experienced at writing common forms of both manual and generated developer documentation including API reference and REST APIs content, SDK supporting materials, conceptual guides, and tutorials.
* Comfortable working directly with technical resources to document and define new product collateral for system integration audiences.
* Skilled at writing explanatory, conceptual, code-based, and procedural material for a variety of internal and external technical audiences.
* Able to grasp complex technical concepts quickly and make them easily understandable in text and images.
* Competent handling multiple deadlines, working with minimal supervision, taking initiative, and solving technical and tool problems.
As part of the team, you will:
* Work with internal teams to obtain in-depth understanding of product and documentation requirements to determine the clearest and most logical way to organize & present information for greatest reader comprehension based on modern conventions.
* Produce and maintain developer-oriented API and SDK collateral for system integrators.
* Work closely with developers, customer support, and product managers to ensure the delivery of high quality, technically accurate content.
What you bring:
* 5+ years of experience largely focused on the creation and maintenance of developer documentation, including APIs, SDKs, tutorials, and/or code samples
* A Bachelor’s degree in a technical or communications field, or equivalent work experience in a fast-paced technology environment
* Working familiarity with SDLC (software development lifecycle) and agile methodologies
* Experience designing, developing, and maintaining technical documentation architecture, processes, and content
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong desire to develop in-depth product/domain knowledge
* Experience with a variety of authoring and various job-related tools, including Google G Suite tools, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, as well as HTML, XLIFF, and XML editors.
* Experience with Bootstrap or React web frameworks
* Familiarity with iOS development processes and XCode
* Experience with system integrator onboarding practices & approaches
* Experience organizing, presenting, and maintaining developer documentation portal environments
* You should be prepared to share writing samples to showcase your work experience.
Tulip has perks, career progress, and an intimate culture. We have:
* A fantastic office space in downtown Toronto and downtown Kitchener with a flexible work environment that includes a wellness/prayer room.
* An excellent healthcare plan with no wait time, paid parental leave, and corporate gym rates.
* A culture of openness and idea generation. We have weekly all-hands and quarterly town halls. We pride ourselves on our transparency and keeping it real. From the most senior to the newest team member, we give you access to decision makers and career building work.
* The opportunity to grow and apply new skills be it hands-on or leadership. We prioritize diversity, inclusion, and building a community. We're a little weird but in a good way.
* A plethora of healthy (and not so healthy) snacks, coffees and teas. Social events, ping pong tables, and free lunch once a week
Tulip is hungry and humble. When you join Tulip, you'll be part of a strong, thriving, diverse group of people who come from different disciplines, countries, and experiences. We do what we love and it shows in our unrelenting pursuit of affecting real change. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like our craft.
Tulip is at the cutting edge of technology. We work with big-name retailers. It's a chance to step up to solving complex technical problems and develop a deeper understanding of the retail world while being part of a niche startup style company. We don't fear failure; we embrace challenges. We're excited about taking the lesser known paths, using the open source tools and keeping up with the pace of evolving tech solutions. It's fun, it's fast, and it's future-focused.
Tulip gives back. Inspired, passionate, and committed people helped make us the successful company we are today. We challenge norms and put people before profits. Our CEO, Ali Asaria, created The Tulip Foundation, a charity controlled by all of us, the employees. We believe we can build a great company that changes the technical space while simultaneously giving back to society and the community.
Feel like you can't tick all the boxes? If you have some of the skills and experience that we're looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.
Tulip Retail is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Tulip Retail. Tulip Retail welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Tulip Retail at a glance
Tulip Retail focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Mobile Commerce, and Retail Technology. Their company has offices in Toronto and Kitchener. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Tulip Retail has raised $2.4M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2013.