Help you land your dream tech career
Product Designer$100k – $180k
Want to help aspiring tech candidates land their dream job? Exponent is looking for growth-minded product designers who are eager to jump into helping grow a startup. Exponent partners with schools like Stanford GSB, Yale SOM, and more to help the thousands of community members advance their career in tech.
We're looking for part-time/ retainer based work right now.
We're looking for folks passionate about this space, eager to jump into a startup to help. If you're interested, please send along your portfolio and resume.
What You'll Do
- Set design requirements based on information from internal teams and user research.
- Create design assets and wireframes for both product features in UI/UX as well as creative assets for marketing, iconography, etc.
- Identify new product improvement opportunities.
- Analyze how a new product satisfies market needs and consumer preferences.
- Coordinate with other design team members to ensure consistent and accurate communication.
- Modify and revise existing designs to meet changing customer preferences.
- Work closely with product engineers to suggest improvements for products and processes.
- Present product design ideas to cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
Some Things We Consider Critical For This Role
- Proven experience in all phases of the design process including user research, copywriting, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, and usability testing
- Work experience as a designer
- Ability to collect and interpret both qualitative and quantitative feedback
- Strong attention to detail and creative sensibilities
- Ability to effectively communicate and persuade around design concepts
- Passion for learning and helping, mentoring others to advance their careers
- Experience in the ed-tech sector
- Experience editing and creating text, image, and video assets using with Figma
- Experience managing and growing a community
What You'll Learn
- You will have a big impact on the trajectory of our company and will be able to directly work with and learn from the senior leadership and founding team, including the CEO.
- You will learn how to operate in a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup environment setting and executing on a strategic intiative from beginning-to-end, while helping many aspiring tech candidates land their dream jobs.
- You will learn about tech career verticals while having liberty to choose other projects that align to your future career trajectory.