Driving transparency, affordability, and access across the pharmacy supply chain
Senior Data Scientist
Truveris is a digital health company that partners with employers, brokers, and pharmaceutical companies to dramatically improve people’s ability to afford and access prescription drugs. With expertise and technology solutions that span across the prescription drug ecosystem, we deliver the outcomes people and businesses need to thrive.
We are on a mission to transform the pharmacy benefit industry and are backed by leading venture capital firms including Canaan Partners, First Round, New Atlantic Ventures, New Leaf Venture Partners, Tribeca Venture Partners and McKesson Ventures. In 2018, Truveris was ranked as one of the fastest growing technology companies in the U.S. by Deloitte, Crain's, and Inc.
The Senior Data Scientist works with a fast-paced, cross-functional, agile team that is creating a new data and analytics platform that will allow us to better build new analytic functionality and perform client analyses at scale. The Senior Data Scientist will be involved in the full spectrum of analytic development: evaluating data to ensure it can support proposed methods, defining and prototyping algorithms, building predictive models, and conducting analytic testing of the implementation of algorithms/models in our data and analytics platform. Initial work will focus on analytics for pharmacy claims data. Over time, additional data sources will be added to the platform.
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on analyst who enjoys both the detailed work involved in algorithm/model development but who can also abstract this work to the goal of building a scalable platform. This position is US-based with a preferred location in our NYC headquarters or the Boston-DC corridor.
- Define new analytic product features o Identify, analyze, and evaluate suitability of exising data to support proposed analytics/models and identify any data gapso Prototype approaches to proposed algorithms/analytics and recommend methods to be used o Build predictive models, assess predictive capability, and recommend appropriateness for use caseso Conduct analyses to define appropriate benchmark analyticso Write analytic specifications for algorithms/models including technical methodology documentation for developers and methodology descriptions for internal audiences (product mgmt., client success team, marketing) - Participate in Methodology Governance o Present and review prospective analytic algorithms and models o Actively participate in aligning methods for scalability and consistency o Review requests from product management for future analytic features and brainstorm on analytic research to be conducted - Provide guidance to developers on algorithms/model specifications to facilitate accurate and timely inclusion of the new analytic features in the platform
- Perform analytic testing of new algorithms/models to ensure implementation into the Platform is accurate and covers edge cases.
- Perform maintenance of data models and algorithms
- Bachelor's degree with relevant major (Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Public Health, or Biology)
- MS in Statistics Biostatistics, Economics, or Public Health or additional equivalent experience preferred
- 3-5 years experience working with health care datasets including medical and pharmacy claims, and EMR/EHR
- 3-5 years experience building healthcare algorithms, models, or metrics
- Experience with SQL or Python
- Experience with R (preferred) or SAS
- Experience in working with and wrangling data from AWS S3 buckets
- Experience with Redshift is a plus
- Experience with additional AWS Services such as Amazon EMR and AWS Lambda is a plus
- Experience with managing code repositories (using Github or Bitbucket) is a plus
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to thrive within a cross-functional collaborative environment with analysts, developers, and product management
Truveris at a glance
Truveris focuses on SaaS, Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals, Health Care Information Technology, and Corporate Wellness. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Truveris has raised $51.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2017.