Find and keep the best drivers
Senior Software Engineer (Android)
At TrueMotion, we’re making driving safer and insurance smarter. We offer auto insurers a mobile telematics platform that enables next-generation digital programs. Powered by machine learning, our platform can tell when a person is driving, reveals their behaviors behind the wheel, and detects crashes. We’re a team of engineers, entrepreneurs, sales and customer success leaders, data scientists, and more. We take on complex problems, build innovative solutions and have fun while doing it!
TrueMotion is looking for an experienced, data-driven, and humble Android Developer who wants to make an impact at a growing startup. You will join a small, autonomous team that is working on Openroad, our consumer app, which uses Machine Learning to automatically detect car crashes and send help. You will have the opportunity to build and launch a new Android app from scratch.
- Train and guide junior developers on proper software development procedures and methods
- Assist in solving complex problems and transform them into business solutions
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Android design and development with a focus on maintainability, usability, scalability and performance
- Analyze and translate business and functional specifications and change requests into technical specifications
- Provide required support and troubleshoot production. As needed, potentially subject to on call responsibilities
- Follow Company’s development and operational standards and processes
- Complete any additional tasks as they arise
- Bachelors/Masters degree preferred, with 5+ years of relevant experience; or equivalent
- Must be fluent in Java. Knowledge of Rx Java, Kotlin, Cocoa Touch preferred
- Experience building and launching an App from scratch is highly preferred
- Experience with C/C++, Swift, Objective-C, and/or Python is preferred with the opportunity to learn languages
- Experience consuming and/or designing REST APIs required
- Ideal candidate is knowledgeable and/or interested in learning more about Backend development
- Experiences with development at scale -- high throughput, low latency
- Ability to do general development tasks on Linux and MacOS
- Investigation and issue analysis from logs: SumoLogic
- Instrumentation and correlation tracking/statistics with Datadog, Grafana
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies (specifically SCRUM)
- User level knowledge of issue tracking systems (specifically Jira, Mavenlink)
- Fair & competitive salary based on experience
- Stock options
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, matching 401k)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Feel great working to solve a serious problem (distracted driving)
- Touch your toes thanks to our daily post stand-up meeting team stretch
- Relax, dine out, or take a class with a variety of unique anniversary gifts
- Burn some calories during our optional bi-weekly virtual workouts
- Get to know your coworkers over virtual drinks & snacks every Thursday
- Have fun at our frequent team outings & volunteer at local organizations
TrueMotion is backed by General Catalyst, Bain Capital Ventures and Lakestar. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment that enriches our employees’ lives in and outside of work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability state.
Great salaries are paid which are dependent on employee's past experience.
Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
A stock option plan will be available to employees.
Work from home when needed
Flexible paid time off
Paid time off will be available to employees to re-energize themselves.
3 weeks pto and 10 holidays / year
Get to really know your coworkers over a drink and snacks every Thursday afternoon
Well-stocked communal kitchen
Weekly fun runs
Burn some calories during our optional weekly fun-run around the Boston waterfront
Have fun at our frequent team outings, where we go to Red Sox games, volunteer to clean-up the Esplanade, etc.
Feel great working to solve a serious problem (distracted driving)
Touch your toes thanks to our daily post stand-up meeting team stretch
TrueMotion at a glance
TrueMotion focuses on Mobile, Information Technology, Automotive, Apps, and Computer Vision. Their company has offices in Boston. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, TrueMotion has raised $10M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2015.