Take control of your money
Marketing Data Scientist
Reporting to our Head of Data, you will play an instrumental role in helping the marketing department make smarter (read, more data-driven) decisions. Specifically, your perspective insights from our marketing data will help us  shift marketing budgets to drive higher ROAS (return on ad spend),  cluster users to help us build out personas,  identify activation drivers and early indicators of churn so we can take prescriptive measures.
You will lead and drive cross-functional data science projects from beginning-to-end.
- Collaborate with business leaders, domain experts, and decision-makers to structure questions, develop success criteria, collect clean and analyze data, and summarize findings and present methodology to non-technical stakeholders.
-. Build performance reports and dashboards (e.g., Tableau, Mode) to be used across several marketing teams, as well as communicate insights to business partners, including members of the Truebill executive leadership team, through Data visualization and presentations.
- Leverage our proprietary data to better understand our users, their preferences, and their purchasing decisions from an LTV and campaign ROI perspective. You’ll perform exploratory analysis to evaluate marketing ROI, product launches, A/B tests, and other critical strategic decisions
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE 🦄
4+ years of experience in applying data science techniques to marketing optimization and experimentation/optimization experience with paid acquisition channels on at least one major platform (e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter).
An expert in experimental design — especially in real-world conditions where circumstances can be quite messy and, a robust inference needs to be made — as well as observational causal inference with large, multivariate marketing data sets.
Experience developing and deploying machine learning and statistical models
Strong quantitative intuition and data visualization skills for ad-hoc and exploratory analysis
Strong presentation skills and ability to effectively communicate complex analyses to a non-technical audience.
Mentoring experience and are comfortable doing so.
- A graduate degree in Data Science or Analytics OR personal projects could make-up for this. Skills > pedigree.
- Experience with lending and/or financial data, B2C subscription-based companies, or Marketing analytics is a huge plus.
- Data visualization tools: Mode*, Looker, Tableau. *Strong plus
- Python (numpy, pandas, sklearn, xgboost, TensorFlow, etc.)
- AWS Suite: Lambda, EC2, Sagemaker, etc.
And most importantly, you are ready for one hell of a challenge. In your next role, a stroll through Golden Gate Park doesn’t excite you. You are looking to summit Everest.
Salary commensurate with experience.