Private Sharing For Real Friends
Chief Marketing Officer / Marketing Lead - US - West Coast$150k – $225k • 1.0% – 4.0%
Social media shouldn’t be creepy and it doesn’t have to be. True has been designed to protect your privacy with private threaded sharing. Focused on people you really know, we’re making social a safe, happy place again without personal data mining.
Please click “Follow” at www.angel.co/true to stay updated about this position.
Please install True and add some friends by tapping the download button at www.trytrue.com prior to an interview.
Position: CMO / Marketing Lead
You will be part of a small, highly focused team building the next-generation consumer social platform. With a strong core team and top investors, we’re looking for people who are passionate about building great products at a great company.
You will be interfacing with other divisional heads coordinating your needs and theirs to ensure efficient execution of business goals. You will lead and mentor your team with an energetic, fun and “always learning and teaching” mindset.
You will be working with a team where you can have a huge impact and everyone is a stakeholder in the Company’s success.
We are looking for a Chief Marketing Officer that will own all marketing, user acquisition and strategic brand positioning for the company.
As a senior leader, you will help lead and maintain a company culture where mutual respect, personal responsibility and fairness are core to the company’s values. You must be an unwavering advocate for our customers, products, people and our vision for private social mobile.
You will be an industry leader in technology marketing, PR and growth. You will have led several well known marketing programs for successful mobile products, preferably in the social space.
You will have years of wisdom, but still able to offer fresh perspective from a deep understanding of current market conditions, competitors, and collaborators.
Validated self-starter with strong-problem solving skills, deeply organized with unfailing attention to detail
Effective and efficient communicator
Extremely pro-active, anticipating needs and staying out ahead of them
Lead through identifying roadblocks and resolving with invention, innovation, and empathy
Ability to plan and organize with and through people
Well-developed financial analytical skills and superb written, presentation and verbal communication skills
Bring experienced leadership, critical thinking and thoughtful opinion as a key member of Senior Staff
Strong technical background and aptitude
Think like an entrepreneur
You need to be able to work independently with adaptability, integrity, tenacity and a love of learning, imparting your knowledge and ideas to leadership, peers and direct reports.
• Identify significant long-term opportunities based on research, analysis and a strategic view of the direction of the market
• Market assessment and requirements including opportunity size, competitive analysis, target customers and product requirements
• Represent the voice of the market, including qualitative and quantitative feedback on product from clients and partners
• Manage product alphas and betas to direct product refinements and identify critical client needs that must be met by the product in order to launch
• Define and manage comprehensive go-to-market strategy and plan including positioning, launch strategy, PR, sales and partner materials
• Manage the product launch process. Coordinate and manage cross-functional teams (including PR, design, product, and engineering stakeholders) to deliver world-class products to the market
• Ready to dig in with a "Let's Get It Done" attitude to quickly solve problems with constructive solutions and a clear, respectful personality that others want to emulate
• Help build and maintain a “golden rule” company culture
San Francisco and surrounding areas with international travel
BA/BS, Marketing, Business or other relevant education with at least 10 years total experience, with 5+ years in a similar role at a successful social-mobile community product
MBA, 10+ years in a similar marketing leadership position with a well known consumer software platform
Compensations Benefits and Perks:
• Market competitive total compensation package
• Early employee "Founder-Level" equity compensation package
• Individual medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
• Generous vacation policy
• Paid holidays
Freedom and Flexibility are core to our values. We want you to be happy and we’ll work together to keep you that way.
True at a glance
True focuses on Mobile, Location Based Services, Big Data, and Social Media Platforms. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, True has raised $18M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019.