Private Sharing For Real Friends
CTO - US - West Coast$200k – $250k • 1.0% – 2.0%
Social media shouldn’t be creepy and it doesn’t have to be. True has been designed to protect your privacy with private threaded sharing. Focused on people you really know, we’re making social a safe, happy place again without personal data mining.
Please click “Follow” at www.angel.co/true to stay updated about this position.
Please install True and add some friends by tapping the download button at www.trytrue.com prior to an interview.
You will be part of a small, highly focused team building the next-generation consumer social platform. With a strong core team and top investors, we’re looking for people who are passionate about building great products at a great company.
You will be interfacing with other divisional heads coordinating your needs and theirs to ensure efficient execution of business goals. You will lead and mentor your team with an energetic, fun and “always learning and teaching” mindset.
You will be working with a team where you can have a huge impact and everyone is a stakeholder in the Company’s success.
We’re looking for a Chief Technology Officer to take ownership of all technical responsibilities for our company. Reporting to the CEO, you will lead with vision, thought and compassion. You will come equipped with the highest level of technical and personal skills needed to guide the company’s success. You will have advanced degrees in computer science or related fields.
As a senior leader, you will help lead in building and maintaining a company culture where mutual respect, personal responsibility and fairness are core to the company’s values. You must be an unwavering advocate for our customers, products, people and our vision for social mobile.
Strong experience in multiple technologies and mastery of mobile social specific technologies.
Validated self-starter with strong-problem solving skills, deeply organized with unfailing attention to detail.
Effective and efficient communicator.
Extremely pro-active, anticipating needs and staying out ahead of them.
Identify roadblocks and solve with invention, innovation, and empathy.
Ability to plan and organize with and through people.
Well-developed written, presentation and verbal communication skills.
Bring critical thinking and thoughtful opinion.
Strong background in social, mobile products.
Work independently with adaptability, integrity, tenacity and a love of learning, imparting your knowledge and ideas to C-level peers and direct reports.
• Own all technical development, architecture, design, vision, data, QA, research and analysis, security and data protection for a large social system, including improving existing products and new products in development
• Own overall technical strategy for company, manage existing infrastructure, and implement new systems as needed
• Lead team to successfully plan and execute multiple complex, technical projects across all reporting departments
• Design for rapid growth across complex technologies at a global scale
• Recruit key personnel
• Manage technical team leaders in US and abroad
• Plan and budget technology resources in alignment with company goals
• Develop and manage relationships with 3rd party vendors
• Interface with leadership of key company departments: HR, Finance, Operations, Legal, Marketing, Design and Product
• Ready to dig in with a "Let's Get It Done" attitude to quickly solve problems with constructive solutions and a clear, respectful leadership personality that others want to follow
• Help build and maintain a “golden rule” company culture
• Ability to clearly communicate to all stakeholders both in US and abroad
San Francisco Bay Area with some international travel
MCS or other relevant education with at least 10 years total experience, 2+ years as CTO or similar leadership role in successful social / mobile community products strongly preferred
PhD or multi-discipline relevant degrees in technical fields
Compensations Benefits and Perks:
• Market competitive total compensation package
• Early employee "Founder-Level" equity compensation package
• Individual medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
• Generous vacation policy
• Paid holidays
Freedom and Flexibility are core to our values. We want you to be happy and we’ll work together to keep you that way.
True at a glance
True focuses on Mobile, Location Based Services, Big Data, and Social Media Platforms. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, True has raised $18M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019.