Private Sharing For Real Friends
Android Software Engineer - US - West Coast$80k – $160k • 0.1% – 2.0%
Social media shouldn’t be creepy and it doesn’t have to be. True has been designed to protect your privacy with private threaded sharing. Focused on people you really know, we’re making social a safe, happy place again without personal data mining.
Please click “Follow” at www.angel.co/true to stay updated about this position.
Please install True and add some friends by tapping the download button at www.trytrue.com prior to an interview.
Position: Android Software Engineer:
You will be part of a small, highly focused team building the next-generation consumer social platform. With a strong core team and top investors, we’re looking for people who are passionate about building great products at a great company.
You will be working on a team where you can have a huge impact and everyone is a stakeholder in the company’s success.
You will be collaborating daily with multiple areas throughout the company including Product, QA, Design and Senior Management.
We're looking for Android Engineers with prior social / mobile app engineering experience or very strong experience building complicated app user experiences, at least 5 years required. You will need strong organizational skills and be able to work with a team.
You will have a deep understanding of Android app development for social feed products. You will have 5+ years programming for scale and the ability to achieve look and feel parity with iOS.
Validated self-starter with strong-problem solving skills, deeply organized with unfailing attention to detail
Effective and efficient communicator
Extremely pro-active, anticipating needs and staying out ahead of them
Ability to plan and organize with and through people
Well-developed financial analytical skills and superb written, presentation and verbal communication skills
Bring experienced leadership, critical thinking and thoughtful opinion as a key member of Senior Staff
Strong technical background and aptitude
Think like an entrepreneur
You need to be able to work independently with adaptability, integrity, tenacity and a love of learning, imparting your knowledge and ideas to leadership, peers and direct reports.
• Architect efficient and reusable front-end abstractions that drive complex Android UI’s.
• Engage with designers in discussions about product and interaction design
• Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
• B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or 5+ years in relevant work experience
• 3+ years of object-oriented software development experience
• 2+ years building Android applications including Java
• 2+ years mobile application development experience (Android, IOS)
• Experience in understanding large and complex code bases, including API design techniques to help keep them clean and maintainable.
• Strong experience partnering with designers to implement pixel-perfect designs.
• Familiarity with Android UI design principles and accessibility best practices
• Strong technical background and aptitude
• Think like an entrepreneur
San Francisco Bay Area
C.S. with 5+ years experience in building successful social / mobile community products
M.S., current code in a shipped in a well known mobile app
Compensations Benefits and Perks:
• Market competitive total compensation package
• Early employee equity compensation package
• Individual medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
• Generous vacation policy
• Paid holidays
Freedom and Flexibility are core to our values. We want you to be happy and we'll work together to keep you that way.
True at a glance
True focuses on Mobile, Location Based Services, Big Data, and Social Media Platforms. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, True has raised $18M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019.