Product Designer - US - West Coast$100k – $135k • 0.01% – 2.0%
Social media shouldn’t be creepy and it doesn’t have to be. True has been designed to protect your privacy with private threaded sharing. Focused on people you really know, we’re making social a safe, happy place again without personal data mining.
Please click “Follow” at www.angel.co/true to stay updated about this position.
Please install True and add some friends by tapping the download button at www.trytrue.com prior to an interview.
Position: Product Designer
You will be part of a small, highly focused team building the next-generation consumer social platform. With a strong core team and top investors, we’re looking for people who are passionate about building great products at a great company.
As a Product Designer, you will be responsible for core pieces of the product. Bring your ideas, creativity, and passion to life! You will be collaborating daily with multiple areas throughout the Company including Marketing, Product Management, Design, and Engineering.
You will be working with a team where you can have a huge impact and everyone is a stakeholder in the Company’s success.
You are a creative and thoughtful designer who loves the craft and sweats the details to craft great experiences. You’re proud of your past accomplishments and have a great portfolio of work. You’re a product designer first and foremost, with a focus on product and visual design, 3+ years experience, and exceptional creative skills using modern tools.
You are able to quickly create, iterate, and scale highly creative and efficient designs and experiences in a collaborative environment.
You will help build and maintain a company culture where mutual respect, personal responsibility, and fairness are core to the company’s values. You must be an unwavering advocate for our customers, products, people, and our vision for social.
You love the social space. You look at current designs of consumer platforms with inspiration and frustration, and know it could be better.
You are able to rapidly form ideas into designs, product flows, micro-interactions, motion design, and illustrations that delight fellow creatives and technical Team members.
Validated self-starter with strong-problem solving skills, deeply organized with unfailing attention to detail.
Effective and efficient communicator.
Extremely pro-active, anticipating needs and staying out ahead of them.
Identify roadblocks and solve with invention, innovation, and empathy.
Ability to plan and organize with and through people.
Well-developed written, presentation and verbal communication skills.
Bring critical thinking and thoughtful opinion.
You need to be able to work independently with adaptability, integrity, tenacity, and a love of learning, imparting your knowledge and ideas to leadership and peers.
• Create beautifully efficient concepts, flows, and experiences that are world-class and groundbreaking
• Be able to rapidly produce and consistently deliver from low to high fidelity, prototypes, wireframes, and polished designs for easy hand-off to peers and other departments
• Work with peers, leaders, PM's and engineers to bring your creations to life in the product
• Iterate current designs to deliver exceptional quality
• Work on new design concepts, flows, and experiences
• Ability to plan and organize with and through people
• Ability to effectively communicate and evangelize designs and rationale thoughtfully
• Collaborate with others and constantly ask for feedback of work, acting on suggested direction as needed
• Help build and maintain a “golden rule” company culture
San Francisco Bay Area
BA or equivalent experience, with 3+ years designing social/mobile community products
BFA in relevant field of study, with 3+ years experience designing social/mobile community products
Compensations Benefits and Perks
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Early employee equity compensation package
- Individual medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Generous vacation policy
- Paid holidays
Freedom and Flexibility are core to our values. We want you to be happy and we’ll work together to keep you that way.
True at a glance
True focuses on Mobile, Location Based Services, Big Data, and Social Media Platforms. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, True has raised $18M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019.