Financial services for: older adults, people with disabilities, and people in recovery
Senior DevOps Engineer
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven fintech company that provides quality financial services for people whose needs go unmet by traditional institutions. It is an honor to wake up in the morning knowing that we have a profound impact on our customers’ lives, whether it’s our True Link Prepaid Visa Card saving a retiree from losing thousands of dollars to scams or our True Link investment advisory platform helping a young woman with a disability plan for her future while protecting her medical benefits. If our mission resonates with you and has you wondering how you could use your devops skills towards a social-good mission, let’s talk! We need your help to manage the infrastructure that keeps our elders’ savings safe. On the job, you’ll own everything from fault tolerance to speed improvements to infrastructure security, and will share your knowledge with the rest of the engineering team.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with your teammates on a very small infra team to own our AWS infrastructure (EC2, Lambda, SQS, RDS)
- Discover and prioritize deficiencies in infrastructure (like fault tolerance, catastrophe prevention, security gaps)
- Identify areas for improvement (like automation, speed improvements, error reduction)
- Explore tools to scale (containerization)
- Teach your colleagues so that everyone can have a manageable on-call rotation for our infrastructure
Who You Are
- Equally comfortable working independently or collaboratively across skill levels
- Eager to both learn and help those around you learn
- Prefers boring deployments to heroic saves
- Creative problem solver able to prioritize both meeting our customer needs and modeling sustainable work patterns
- Comfortable with existence of competing needs that can’t all be met at the same time or with the time available
Why You'll Love Us
- We’ve got the energy and passion of a startup combined with the professionalism of a financial services firm and the compassion of a mission-driven organization that truly cares about the people we serve.
- We’re just getting started! With fifty million Americans in our addressable market, we are growing quickly into a large financial services company that will be developing new products you will help us shape and take to market.
- We offer competitive wages, Health, Dental & Vision coverage, and an awesome vacation package.
- Our customers are not only grateful for our services but are the absolute best. We have the privilege of providing financial protection for vulnerable members of society and partnering with expert service providers to do so. Our customers and partners love us, and we love them back. You can sleep soundly every night knowing you are doing a really wonderful thing by getting our services into more hands.
- We treat one another like we treat our customers: with 100% respect and dignity. Diversity and inclusion are cultural values we take very seriously, and we welcome team members of all backgrounds and identities.
- Our offices are dog friendly and filled with snacks, catered lunch, and a group of friendly, caring people. We’re happy to still be enjoying laughs with colleagues and appearances of furry friends over Zoom for now.
- With offices across the country, we welcome applicants who want to join our existing and future offices (in SF, Denver, Phoenix, NYC, and Kingston, NY) when it’s safe to work alongside each other again (and remote until then).
- Want to work remote longer-term? Great! We also have years of experience collaborating with our many team members who prefer to work from home, and welcome applicants from anywhere in the United States.
Comprehensive health insurance.
Medical, dental, vision, FSA, dependent care FSA, disability & more.
We offer competitive salary, early-stage equity, and a 401k.
All about flexibility! + generous vacation, holiday & parental leave.
Lunch in the office everyday.
Lunch + snacks everyday in our offices in SF, Denver, Phoenix, Kingston.
Sf office: convenient & dog-friendly.
Dog-friendly office five minutes from Powell BART in downtown SF!
Career growth and learning.
We invest in your growth and helping you take your career to the next level.
Awesome off-site retreats
Two offsite retreats each year + other fun team bonding.
Real impact on people’s lives.
We have a profound impact on our customers’ lives.
True Link Financial at a glance
True Link Financial focuses on Financial Services, Finance, Fraud Detection, Elder Care, and Elderly. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, True Link Financial has raised $15M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2017.