Access new investigative treatments or clinical trials at no cost to you or your health insurance
Digital Marketing Manager
We’re looking for growth marketers to help change the future of medicine.
The biggest bottleneck in bringing new treatments to patients is the clinical trial. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade and frequently costs $100M+. And the problem is only getting worse.
TrialSpark is a technology company that brings new medical treatments to patients faster. We’re reimagining the clinical trial by introducing a new model, using technology to streamline every aspect of the trial. To fulfill our mission, we partner with pharma, biotech, and digital health companies to run studies faster and more efficiently.
Marketing is critical to TrialSpark’s success. We sit in a unique position across a network of patients, doctors, caregivers, and pharmaceutical companies, and we have the opportunity to shape how the entirety of clinical research is perceived, understood, and experienced.
We are looking for an exceptional go-getter to join the team as a Digital Marketing Manager who will own the goals for acquiring new patients through paid and unpaid marketing channels.
This role will work cross-functionally to deliver increases in the number of patients who apply to participate in our clinical trials. This is important for the company because without patients there are no clinical trials. TrialSpark is on a mission to bring treatments to patients faster and more efficiently, and this role’s ability to effectively acquire more patients, faster, allows us to reach that mission. This role will report into Product.
Note: TrialSpark is headquartered in New York City but this role is also open to remote applicants who are based in the United States.
What You'll Do:
- Create, maintain, and execute a blended digital marketing strategy to drive improvements in Cost Per Lead, inclusive of performance marketing, organic growth, and email marketing.
- Identify, test, and optimize paid and organic growth channels across social, search, and display. Allocate spending and effort to channels that drive the highest value patients at the lowest cost.
- Identify, test, and optimize patient engagement campaigns with personalized, targeted, and relevant messaging across all lifecycle stages. Analyze the performance of campaigns based on clearly defined success metrics and find opportunities for future improvements.
- Identify audience segments and test different messaging to determine which unique value propositions resonate the most across varied audiences by leveraging data and consumer insights. Note that audiences for trials vary dramatically -- Atopic Dermatitis and Crohn's Disease patients are not the same.
- Partner with individuals of multiple teams to bring your digital marketing strategy to life, including Product Marketing, Design, Product, Medical, Finance, and Data.
- Prioritize clear and frequent communication. Ensure the team is kept abreast of KPIs by creating dashboards, drafting weekly emails, and sharing highlights.
- Maintain high levels of up-to-date knowledge of best practices, innovation, and strategies for all digital acquisition channels.
Ideally, you have:
- Experience in performance marketing, preferably at gaming or direct to consumer business.
- Experience in email marketing with leading marketing automation platforms (we use SFMC).
- Hands-on experience managing core digital channels (and associated tools) such as PPC, paid social (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter), programmatic display, and affiliates.
- Experience working with large media budgets and hitting monthly goals for spend, revenue, and key performance metrics.
- Solid understanding of performance marketing channels and experience optimizing campaigns by relevant KPIs such as CPL etc.
- Strong understanding of email fundamentals: CAN-SPAM, GDPR, list management, deliverability, segmentation, KPIs.
- Track record of driving exceptional campaign results, specifically driving outcomes in an ROI positive way.
- Deeply analytical and data-driven with proven experience leveraging data to greatly impact/enhance marketing performance and more efficiently buy media.
- Excellent planning communication skills – both verbal and written to clearly convey project status, market dynamics, strategies, tactics, rationale and results, to peers and leadership audiences.
- You thrive in a fast-paced working environment and can independently execute against goals. You’re also flexible and can pick up tasks that aren’t directly in your remit.
- Strong working understanding of Excel, Google Analytics, and Looker (or similar tools).
Added bonus if you have:
- Prior social experience in an industry with a complex user lifecycle (e.g. healthcare, fintech)
- Organic search (SEO) experience
- Familiarity with biddable media beyond paid search, such as social or programmatic display
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We believe your personal life enriches your professional life. We provide 12 weeks of parental leave (plus a flexible return to work) so you can start or grow your family. Plus, you’ll get a cute TrialSpark onesie for your new addition.
We have a flexible PTO policy (so you don’t have to cut corners on your dream trip). If you’re under the weather, we actually want you to rest with take-it-as-you-need-it sick leave.
All the food
Reclaim all the time you spend meal planning — TrialSpark’s corporate Seamless account provides lunch three days a week and we enjoy a catered, family-style lunch on Fridays. We never skimp on snacks, so our kitchens are always stocked.
Dog friendly office
We...love dogs. Please bring yours to work.
We like to get outside the office from time to time. Count on frequent team outings that aren't your standard happy hour (think rock climbing, food tours). Plus, you can put your personal values into practice by joining our resource groups.
We set aside time each year to go OOO. Spend time at our annual offsite connecting with your colleagues from other offices. Whether you're into kayaking or karaoke, our workplace experience team plans a weekend with activities for everyone.
TrialSpark at a glance
TrialSpark focuses on Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals, Clinical Trials, and Science. Their company has offices in New York City and New York. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees.