Automate business processes and integrate your cloud stack
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)£45k – £80k • 0.01% – 0.1%
We believe that any organisation can and should automate. With Tray.io, citizen automators throughout organisations can easily automate complex processes through a powerful, flexible platform, and can connect their entire cloud stack thanks to APIs. Today businesses like IBM, GitHub, Forbes, Lyft, and DigitalOcean rely on Tray.io to connect and automate data flow between the tools they use every day. With Tray.io’s visual workflow builder our customers create automations to drive their business processes without writing a single line of code. Our challenge is to build a cutting-edge product that is powerful and complete while also being beautiful and easy to use.∂
You'll contribute directly to this mission with a team that fully supports you to do your best work. You'll join humble but fiercely ambitious people like yourself, who also take great pride in what they do, working in a culture built on friendship, transparency, and above all, looking out for one another. You'll have endless opportunities to learn and grow professionally in a fun, fast-paced, and open environment. Plus, you'll get to make your mark at a rapidly-growing company positioned to completely reinvent a multibillion-dollar industry.
Tray.io’s backend infrastructure processes millions of requests per day and is a mission-critical component of our customers' businesses. The Front-End is a complex application powered by React. As a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) at Tray.io, you’ll be part of a team responsible for designing, building and running the software and systems which underpin our large-scale, real-time, distributed infrastructure. We expect you to build flexible services and tooling which allows Tray.io to rapidly scale whilst delivering a seamless experience to our customers.
Your role will focus on the planning, development and maintenance of automated tests infrastructure for our product. You will take responsibility for testing all aspects of our product from the user signup process to complex interactions with our web-based application and APIs.
* Maintain and expand our existing test frameworks and their underlying infrastructure. We have multiple test suites: two browser automation suites using WebdriverIO, Cucumber, Selenium and an API test suite written in Typescript, using Jest and Request to make API calls.
* Take ownership of product releases and assure their success
* Develop and apply test procedures, methodologies and tools to ensure the stability and quality of our platform
* Integrate tightly with the engineering team
* Contribute to product decisions
* Play a key role in our deployment processes
* Solid experience with testing web applications throughout the entire software development cycle
* Experience with Node.js test automation (e.g WebdriverIO, Selenium, Cypress)
* Knowledge of Linux/Unix, and Shell scripting
* Experience with source control (e.g. Git)
* Experience with Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, Travis, etc...)
* Experience with Docker
* Experience working with APIs and software integrations/automation products
Our current Test Engineering tech stack:
* WebdriverIO, Cucumber, Selenium, Jest
* Docker, Jenkins
Working at Tray.io offers many perks, but most importantly we are a talented team with a passion for the product we are building.
* Competitive salary
* Stock options
* Unrestricted holiday policy & work from home days
* Flexible working hours
* A fun and supportive working environment
* Top of the range equipment budget
* Drinks fridge & stocked kitchen
* Social events (team breakfasts/lunches, evenings out & trips)
* Employer contributory pension scheme
* Cycle to work scheme
* Private healthcare
* 50% off Virgin Active gym membership
Tray.io is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
tray.io at a glance
tray.io focuses on SaaS, Cloud Computing, Business Intelligence, Sales Automation, and Software. Their company has offices in San Francisco and London. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, tray.io has raised $114.1M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2019 at a valuation of $550M.