Create your Story, One Country at a Time
Co-Founder/Lead UX/UI DesignerNo salary • 10.0% – 15.0%
TravSolo is a planning app for solo travelers, where you can create your itinerary on the go, meet people and bring back home a story to tell. It helps people to solo travel much easier than ever.
We want every solo traveler to be able to plan their trip, meet people, and stay safe – all while sharing memories of their journey on the go.
It is an exciting time to join the TravSolo team as we continue to grow!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Lead Designer will be the driving force of our interaction design for TravSolo, working with the team to bring us to life. We are looking for an individual who is:
• Passionate about traveling
• Eagerness to learn
• Wants to be part of a growing team
• Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively
• Ability to work without much supervision
• NY resident is preferred
• Direct opportunities to pitch to investors for team investment will be provided, along with equity if deemed a fit
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
• Create a design strategy, identify key interactions of the product, create prototypes to test concepts and stay current on technology and trends that will impact users.
• Make sure our app work and function in the hands of users.
• Create and designing layouts, features of both website and app
• Take ownership for Website and App UX/UI Design, bringing research from concept to hi-fidelity design to testing.
• Help with maintenance and additions to the website.
• Assist in social media designs, when needed
• Writing and editing content
• Creating back up files
- Strong sense of design aesthetic and understanding of TravSolo’s service and brand
- Experience leading a variety of creative campaigns, including integrated experiences with both above-the-line and below-the-line initiatives
- Ability to build and synthesize briefs, conceptualize, and execute
- Experience working across disciplines
- Expertise in Creative Suite and willingness to learn new software, as needed
- Experience in digital, social, print and experiential marketing/advertising
- Strategic thinker with the ability to solve problems, even when they are not fully defined
- Ability to work in an ever-evolving environment
- Illustration and photography skills are a plus
- Ability to present and sell creative ideas
- Must be a team player
- Self-driven, organized, detail-oriented, and able to multitask
- Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design, or equivalent • Must be available for a minimum of ten (10) hours a week on a trial basis.
This is a "get shit done" position, where you are allowed to fail, learn, repeat = hustle
Let us inspire people to travel more together!
Please check out our website for more information: travsolo.com
Provide your portfolio or work links showcasing your work in your profile for further consideration***