Welcome to the first startup created to fix business travel. Join and help us to shape an industry!
Workplace Experience Manager
We are TravelPerk: a fast-growing, well-funded startup that has raised nearly $134m since our creation in early 2015. Backed by world-class investors in some of tech’s most disruptive companies, including Slack, Trello, Twitter, Farfetch, Deliveroo and Delivery Hero, our team is made up of A-players from the travel industry.
We’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by the SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market, worth over $1.3 trillion, by simplifying the process for everyone involved.
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
The Global Workplace Experience & Facilities Manager will be responsible for delivering a 7-star experience to our employees across all of our locations. Taking into account our rapid growth and increasing needs, the successful candidate will own Workplace Strategy, Workplace Solutions, Workplace Services including all stages of the real estate life-cycle: search for new options and markets, multi-year accommodation plans, business cases, space sourcing, lease negotiation, design, fit-out, project management, and lease disposal. They will lead the Workplace team to ensure the efficient running of all our offices and ensure TravelPerk’s culture is reflected and embodied throughout TravelPerk’s office spaces globally.
With a strong focus on customer service, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of services required to operate all of TravelPerk’s office space and support of other business functions, which will include: space management, promoting the behaviours needed for success across offices, reception, hospitality services, physical security, building management, deliveries, health, safety, environmental and sustainability initiatives.
To be successful in this role, the right candidate will need an inquisitive nature which compels you to always question how TravelPerk could do things better. You will revel in finding innovative ways of doing things that make our offices run efficiently and improve the service we offer, leading to a better workplace experience at TravelPerk. You will stay on trend on the latest initiatives of how to make life in the Travelperk space highly engaging. You will be an excellent people manager with a desire to coach, up-skill and develop your team members.
What you’ll do:
- Grow build and develop a team of office coordinators who will cover office and facilities management
- Provide mentorship and guidance to your team
- Connect operational needs with service deliveries to implement the workplace strategy that best suits the company culture and employees
- Develop an annual budget and monitor against monthly spending
- Oversee daily operations from the workplace/facilities perspective across multiple locations
- Accelerate improvement in workplace energy and engagement by serving as a process catalyst
- Represent and promote TravelPerks culture, vision, mission, ethics and practices
- Lead special growth projects such as office build-out, with a high technical and architectural proven knowledge
- Execute on corporate wide change efforts
- Lead with agility improvement projects, relocations and office moves
- Manage relationships with the building teams and key vendors
- Oversee all maintenance issues, cleaning services, mail room, etc.
- Maintain floor plans, assign new hire seating and coordinate internal offices moves
- Collaborate with partner teams on cross-functional office improvement initiatives
- Handle and review all vendor contracts and agreements and ensure all deliveries and services are delivered on time
- Collaborate with other people experience teams to deliver and support internal events (quarterly company events, all hands, team building, meetups, happy hours and other Employee Experience initiatives.), all aligned with TK’s culture, budget, and impact
- Lead initiatives to retain and grow employee wellbeing through their workspace
- Stay on top of recent trends in workplace solutions, sustainability, ergonomics, tech at work etc
What you need to have:
- Minimum of 5 years of proven experience in an international workplace/facilities management role across multiple sites and must have experienced intense growth
- Proven experience in leading contract management, complex negotiations and service level agreements
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety principles, and ISO standards
- Experience in a high growth tech environment is highly valued
- Experience with building processes and systems that scale effectively
- Excellent communicator with outstanding written and verbal skills
- Excellent multi-tasking and project management skills
- Team Player and hands-on
- The ability to adapt to various personalities and rapidly-shifting priorities
- Quick learner with natural flexibility to adapt to change
- Creative thinker that brings a sense of fun to the daily experience
- Highly organized with acute attention to detail
- Exceptional ability to learn, adapt, discover and test new ideas
- Genuine pride and interest in maintaining a beautiful working environment and making people happy
- Resourceful with a can-do, whatever-it-takes attitude
- Able to understand what company culture means and have extensive experience in reflecting it through the workspace within a scaling company
- Proactive and data-driven
- Fluency in Spanish and English is highly desirable
Whats on offer:
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company
- 24 vacation days per year and flexible working hours
- Health perks: Private health insurance
- Agreement with GymForLess
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary such as Ticket Restaurant, Ticket Transport and Bonus for Nursery
- Free Spanish classes
-This position requires you to be based in Barcelona (Spain). We can help with relocation if you are not based there
-English is the official language at the office
TravelPerk is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
Health perks, choose between a private health scheme or gym allowance
Competitive compensation including equity in the company.
24 vacation days per year and flexible working hours
Fully stocked kitchen loaded with fresh fruit, snacks, + coffee
Udemy for business account
Free spanish classes
Yoga and meditation
Brand new office in the iconic torre glories
Flexible compensation plan to increase the net salary
TravelPerk at a glance
TravelPerk focuses on SaaS, Travel, and Software Engineering. Their company has offices in Chicago, London, Barcelona, and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, TravelPerk has raised $28M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2018.