Welcome to the first startup created to fix business travel. Join and help us to shape an industry!
Assistant Office Manager
*Assistant Office Manager *
We are TravelPerk: a fast-growing, well-funded startup that has raised nearly $134m since our creation in early 2015. Backed by world-class investors in some of tech’s most disruptive companies, including Slack, Trello, Twitter, Farfetch, Deliveroo and Delivery Hero, our team is made up of A-players from the travel industry.
We’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by the SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market, worth over $1.3 trillion, by simplifying the process for everyone involved.
We are looking for an additional Assistant Office Manager to support our Workplace Department and help organize and coordinate the administrative duties whilst applying our procedures and best practices.
Your role will be to help us create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication, and safety. In addition you will coordinate office supply arrangements, and provide general administrative support to our 500+ employees.
A successful Assistant Office Manager should also have experience with a variety of office software (email tools, spreadsheets, and databases) and be able to effectively handle multiple tasks at any one time.
Ultimately, the Assistant Office Manager should be able to ensure the smooth running of the offices and help to improve company procedures and day-to-day operations.
What will you do?
- Responsible for managing the post and deliveries for both the company and the employees
- Office rounds on a daily basis to ensure everything is stocked, organized and functional in meeting rooms, common areas, and kitchen
- Be the contact person with our office suppliers: keep track of stock, place new orders and adjust deliveries to the company’s growth
- Assume ownership of the office supplies
- Reservations for company lunches, catering, and off-sites when requested
- Offer support to the events team: conduct searches to find needed information, scouting locations etc.
- Prepare for our weekly company meeting by coordinating all staff and materials, documentation
- Organize and support different Perks offered by TK such as English & Spanish Classes, Yoga, Krav Maga etc.
- Autonomy to run the office when other team members are on vacation or out of office
What you will need?
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills: English and Spanish are a must (Catalan will be a plus)
- Great knowledge of all tools used by the Workplace: Envoy, Managed by Q, Slack, Notion
- 3 years of experience as an Office Manager / Assistant within a fast-growing, startup environment
- Strong organizational, planning and time-management skills
- Self-sufficiency, autonomy, action-orientation, and problem-solving are part of your DNA
- You are highly responsible, have the ability to stay focused and multitask as required
- Strong team player who is used to working in a truly multicultural, international environment
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- A good level of flexibility and adaptability
- Whatever the problem, you are always part of the solution, either on your own solo or as part of your team
- Hands-on person
- Positive & empathetic
- People-oriented with the natural willingness to make them happy
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company
- 24 vacation days per year and flexible working hours
- Health perks: Choose between a private health scheme or a gym allowance
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary
- Free Spanish classes
- Yoga and personal defense (Krav Maga)
- Possibility to choose your hardware and tools
- Free coffee and beverages, fresh fruit and other breakfast stuff
- This position requires being based in Barcelona
- English is the official language at the office
TravelPerk is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
Health perks, choose between a private health scheme or gym allowance
Competitive compensation including equity in the company.
24 vacation days per year and flexible working hours
Fully stocked kitchen loaded with fresh fruit, snacks, + coffee
Udemy for business account
Free spanish classes
Yoga and meditation
Brand new office in the iconic torre glories
Flexible compensation plan to increase the net salary
TravelPerk at a glance
TravelPerk focuses on SaaS, Travel, and Software Engineering. Their company has offices in Chicago, London, Barcelona, and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, TravelPerk has raised $28M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2018.