Welcome to the first startup created to fix business travel. Join and help us to shape an industry!
Ground Transport Supplier Relations Manager
We are TravelPerk: a fast-growing, well-funded startup that has raised nearly $134m since our creation in early 2015. Backed by world-class investors in some of tech’s most disruptive companies, including Slack, Trello, Twitter, Farfetch, Deliveroo and Delivery Hero, our team is made up of A-players from the travel industry.
We’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by the SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market, worth over $1.3 trillion, by simplifying the process for everyone involved.
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
The successful candidate will be responsible for the ground transportation portfolio of suppliers, securing content dedicated to TravelPerK. It is a multi-faceted position, providing end-to-end supplier management, encompassing negotiations, contract execution, business development, and with strong autonomy to manage and maximize the portfolio of suppliers. The role is integrated into the operations department and reporting to the Director of Air and Car Suppliers.
What you’ll do
- Supplier relationship management: Develop, maintain and balance supplier relationships while maximizing revenue opportunities for TravelPerk
- Ensure best ground transportation content
- Effective Negotiation: Negotiating agreements with suppliers on behalf of TravelPerk
- Implementation of strategies for strengthening and developing suppliers relations to guarantee the highest quality of inventory
- Increase revenue: analyze, identify and direct the execution of additional revenue opportunities
- Source new suppliers and conduct supplier appraisal (commercial, technical and operational aspects), negotiations and contracting for the organization to satisfy the company’s individual regional needs
- Ensuring that commercial development commitments from suppliers are executed
- Monitor and report on portfolio performance and financial forecasts
Collaborate functionally and regionally with all relevant departments (operations, customer management, data, business development) to align strategies, generate commitment and optimize results.
- Give feedback to help prioritize the product development to ensure TravelPerK’s scalability
- Gather feedback from Customer Care, to improve TravelPerK’s operations
What we look for
- Consultative Approach and Negotiation: Proven Experience in Conducting Negotiations
- High degree of financial discernment and business spirit: demonstrated ability to translate data into concrete conclusions and recommendations
- Enjoy working as a true owner: assuming responsibility and commitment to tight, challenging deadlines
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish to be able to negotiate with suppliers
- You are used to planning and working with data to meet your goals. However, you embrace the startup fast-paced and also master the “better done than perfect” approach when required
- Self-organised, proactive and strong attention to detail
- Data-driven and reporting mindset: you talk through numbers, and only use opinions when the search for data showed no results
- Continuous improvement is part of your DNA
- Willingness to go beyond the call of duty to get the job done
- Whatever the problem, you are always part of the solution, either solo or as part of your team
- You are always willing to help a colleague regardless if it’s part of your responsibilities or not
- Your peers and managers can trust you. You are a team player, and care more about the team’s success than about your own career gains
- You seek feedback early and often and are open to constructive and direct criticism
- 3+ years in travel industry, preferably working in Revenue Management
- Strong familiarity with large global travel brand
- In-depth knowledge of travel online distribution and its evolving landscape
- Understanding of connectivity and APi integrations
- Understanding of travel distribution and revenue management principles
- Travel might be required
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company
- 24 vacation days per year and flexible working hours + all bank holidays in Catalonia region
- Health perks: choose between a private health insurance or gym allowance
- Special rate with our partner Gym4Less (in case you didn't choose the gym allowance in your health perk)
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary with Ticket Restaurant, Ticket Transport and Ticket Nursery
- Free Spanish classes
- Amazing company culture!
-This position requires being based in Barcelona. We can help with relocation if you are not based here
-English is the official language at the office (please ensure your CV is in English)
TravelPerk is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.