Welcome to the first startup created to fix business travel. Join and help us to shape an industry!
3rd Party Air Supplier Manager
We are TravelPerk: a fast-growing, well-funded startup that has raised nearly $134m since our creation in early 2015. Backed by world-class investors in some of tech’s most disruptive companies, including Slack, Trello, Twitter, Farfetch, Deliveroo and Delivery Hero, our team is made up of A-players from the travel industry.
We’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by the SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market, worth over $1.3 trillion, by simplifying the process for everyone involved.
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
The successful candidate will be responsible for a portfolio of technology providers, managing and growing their relationship ensuring TravelPerk gets the best value out of them. It is a multi-faceted position, providing end-to-end provider management, encompassing negotiations, contract execution, business development, and with strong autonomy to manage and maximize the portfolio. The role is integrated into the operations department and reporting to the Director of Air Suppliers.
- Supplier relationship management: Develop, maintain and balance supplier relations to get the best service from our providers
- Collaborate functionally and regionally with all relevant departments (operations, customer management, data, business development) to align strategies, generate commitment and optimize results
- Give feedback to help prioritize the product development to ensure TK’s scalability
- Gather feedback from Customer Care in order to improve TravelPerk’s operations
- Ensure that development committed by providers is executed accordingly to TravelPerk interests
- Participate to the contract renewal negotiations
- Establish weekly/bi-weekly/monthly/quarterly meetings with partners as needed
- Monitor and report on portfolio performance and financial forecasts
- Be on the lookout for new providers than can improve TravelPerk value proposition to our clients
- Provide support for new partner onboarding, including working with internal teams on scheduling, communication and launching partner
What we’re looking for
- Relationship management: can build and sustain solid partnerships based on mutual support
- Strong sales and negotiation skills: negotiate the best possible partner agreement
- High degree of financial discernment and business spirit: demonstrated ability to translate data into concrete conclusions and recommendations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish to be able to negotiate with suppliers.
- Enjoy working as a true owner: assuming responsibility and commitment to tight, challenging deadlines.
- You are used to planning and working with data to meet your goals. However, you embrace the startup fast-paced and also master the “better done than perfect” approach when required.
- Self-organised, proactive and strong attention to detail.
- Willingness to go beyond the call of duty to get the job done
- Whatever the problem, you are always part of the solution, either solo or as part of your team
- You are always willing to help a colleague regardless if it’s part of your responsibilities or not
A plus if:
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of the travel industry and / or the travel supplier is a plus
- Good Understanding of Technology - GDS, Point of Sale Tools, Online Booking Tools is a plus.
Required skills and experience
- 3+ years in travel industry, preferably distribution area
- Strong familiarity with large global travel brand
- In-depth knowledge of travel online distribution and its evolving landscape
- Understanding of connectivity and APi integrations
- Understanding of travel distribution and revenue management principles
- Travel might be required
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company
- 24 vacation days per year and flexible working hours + all bank holidays in Catalunya region (around 14 a year)
- Health perks: choose between a private health insurance or gym allowance
- Special rate with our partner Gym4Less (in case you didn't choose the gym allowance in your health perk)
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary with Ticket Restaurant, Ticket Transport and Ticket Nursery
- Free Spanish classes
- Amazing company culture!
-This position requires being based in Barcelona. We can help with relocation if you are not based here.
-English is the official language at the office (please ensure your CV is in English).
TravelPerk is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.