Welcome to the first startup created to fix business travel. Join and help us to shape an industry!
We are TravelPerk: a fast-growing, well-funded startup that has raised nearly $134m since our creation in early 2015. Backed by world-class investors in some of tech’s most disruptive companies, including Slack, Trello, Twitter, Farfetch, Deliveroo and Delivery Hero, our team is made up of A-players from the travel industry.
We’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by the SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market, worth over $1.3 trillion, by simplifying the process for everyone involved.
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
Travelperk makes very small margins on huge volume of transactions between customers and suppliers all across the globe in a dynamic, changing and technologically complex context, what makes financial relationship with suppliers and financial control on their activity critical.
You are one of the accountants in Travelperk who take care of the financial relationships with suppliers. As such, you are the owner of the corresponding P&L and B.S. accounts (Revenue, COGS, Suppliers balance) and you work very closely with the Operations department which is the Travelperk Team which deals with Suppliers. Specifically, you will be in charge of the Hotel Suppliers and Travelperk Hotel squad and occasionally you may collaborate with other Verticals (Flights, Cars and Trains) on behalf of Travelperk Finance department.
What you'll do:
- Producing account reconciliations (P&L and B.S. Accounts for your assigned vertical(s)
- Producing Revenue/COGS/COS accruals for your vertical, helping identify related costs
- Making sure Invoices are compliant and accurate (services, prices, VAT and commissions)
- Settlement with suppliers: Process definition and improvement
- Reconciling records & supplier records (statements)
- Payments control and tracking
- Owning the self-invoicing to hotels process
- Supporting the business growth in an organised and controlled way. Be aware of the business deals/contracts, assessing them from a financial perspective and making sure they align to the financial strategy
- Working Capital: DPO’s tracking and support to Operations on permanent improving
- Helping to implement adequate financial controls in your vertical processes, with the corresponding paperwork tracking
- Hotel commissions management and control
- Participating in ad hoc finance projects (ERP) and vertical specific projects (Voxel, Onyx)
- Financial business support to the Hotels director
- Leading margin improvement projects
- Controlling and posting other expenses related to Hotels vertical
- Promoting THE TravelPerk brand and values in a friendly, professional manner
What you'll need:
- Min. 3 years experience in a similar position
- Strong technical accounting skills and good knowledge of ERP’s: ACA, ACCA, CPA or equivalent qualification is a must
- Degree related to Finance and Accounting would be a plus
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Adaptable, flexible, team player
- Solution-oriented with a proactive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Analytical thinker and proactive advisor. Detailed oriented
- Excellent English working knowledge
- Experience in one or more of these areas would be a big plus: settlement with Hotels/Chains/integrators, experience in Business Analysis, experience in setting up financial controls
On top of that, you will only be the right candidate if you are:
- Empathetic: someone who can identify with the customer and genuinely wants to support them using an optimal problem-solving methodology
- Honest, open and trustworthy: your peers and managers can trust you. You are a team player, don’t play political games, and care more about the team’s success than about your own career gains
- Focused and determined: You don’t let yourself be distracted. You can focus on accomplishing big wins and never get lost in less important ideas that are floating around
- You seek feedback early and often and are open to both give and take constructive and direct criticism
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company
- 24 vacation days per year
- Health perks: Private health insurance
- Agreement with GymForLess.
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary such as Ticket Restaurant, Ticket Transport and Bonus for Nursery
- Free Spanish classes
-This position requires you to be based in Barcelona (Spain). We can help with relocation if you are not based there.
-English is the official language at the office.
TravelPerk is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.