Welcome to the first startup created to fix business travel. Join and help us to shape an industry!
Senior Travel Consultant
We are TravelPerk: a fast-growing, well-funded startup that has raised nearly $134m since our creation in early 2015. Backed by world-class investors in some of tech’s most disruptive companies, including Slack, Trello, Twitter, Farfetch, Deliveroo and Delivery Hero, our team is made up of A-players from the travel industry.
We’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by the SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market, worth over $1.3 trillion, by simplifying the process for everyone involved.
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
We are looking for experienced, hands-on Travel Consultants passionate about people and about making an impact. Our Customer Care team is one of the foundations of our company's success and growth. We hire empathetic people who understand what we are trying to achieve: Make business travellers happy!
Are you a problem solver and an empathetic professional driven by customer experience? Are you tired of companies that take their customers for granted? Ready to go the extra mile to help us to grow by changing the way organisations book and manage their business travel?
If your answer to all these questions is YES - Read on!
As a Senior Travel Consultant , you will have the opportunity to become an expert in the Business Travel Sector, work with B2B customers and be part of a strategic team at TravelPerk. You will have a direct impact on our growth and customer retention. You will act proactively and address our clients’ needs at any stage of their travels, ensuring high customer satisfaction and maintaining relationships at a 7 Star satisfaction standard.
Please note: working hours for this role will be mostly during weekdays and afternoons. However, you will be occasionally asked to work on night shift and weekends based on the business needs - in a planned and structured schedule of course.
What you'll be doing:
- Master Customer Care - simple
- Support our B2B customers in their Business Travels
- Liaise with suppliers and partners to resolve booking issues
- Keep high satisfaction standards and exceed customer expectations as much as possible when managing bookings, queries and requests
- Resolve problems by applying established TravelPerk policies, procedures and tactics, and also by thinking out-of-the-box when anything established is not enough
- Addressing, preempting and solving problems - You are an owner and anticipate issues before they come your way!
- Help define and establish best practices together with the rest of the team in sales, operations and customer care
- Come to us with innovative ideas to improve customer experience
- Stay up-to-date with new features and product launches in TravelPerk - there are lots so be prepared for some serious innovation!
- Adapt fast to changes and contribute to making things happen in a smooth way: we are a growing start-up!
What you’ll need to have:
- Excellent English, spoken and written - We are a Spanish company but we operate in English internally and with our clients
- Customer Experience in the Hospitality Industry- hotels, travel agencies, airlines...
- Minimum 1 year experience working with Amadeus,
- Proven experience going above and beyond to provide an amazing service that helps customers
- Flexibility in your shifts- we will compensate you well but this is not a 9-5 role!
What we always look for:
- Independent and autonomous. You don’t need hand-holding to get things done. You deliver at your best out of trust as no one is there to control you
- Good prioritisation and focus skills as well as resourcefulness
- Empathy - understand what our clients are going through!
- Smart, fast learner and tech savvy - know your way around Windows or Mac
- Flexible and able to adapt to constant changes with a positive mindset - working for a start up is fun but it’s also a commitment!
- You are open to get and give constructive feedback
- You want to learn - we have a 7 Star management team to mentor you!
On top of that, you will only be the right candidate if you are:
- Honest, open and trustworthy: your peers and managers can trust you. You are a team player, don’t play political games, and care more about the team’s success than about your own career gains
- Focused and determined: You don’t let yourself be distracted. You can focus on accomplishing big wins and don’t get lost in less important ideas that are floating around
- You LOVE TRAVEL!
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation + Additional compensation for the Night Shifts and Weekends.
- Full training, on-going coaching and true development opportunity - think Europe’s fastest growing start-up!
- Permanent contract
- 24 vacation days per year.
- Health perks: Private health insurance
- Agreement with GymForLess.
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary such as Ticket Restaurant, Ticket Transport and Bonus for Nursery
- Daily coffee and beverages, fresh fruit and other breakfast stuff
- Free Spanish classes
- Being based in one of the coolest buildings in Barcelona - Torre Glories - 4 floors of meeting rooms, desks, restaurants, huddles rooms, libraries and more!
A fun, fast-paced experience that will allow you to grow as a professional - if you’re not sure about a career - try the travel industry instead. If it's not for you ok - at least you gave us a shot!
This position requires being based in Barcelona.
English is the official language at the office (please make sure your CV is in English when applying).
TravelPerk is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
Health perks, choose between a private health scheme or gym allowance
Competitive compensation including equity in the company.
24 vacation days per year and flexible working hours
Fully stocked kitchen loaded with fresh fruit, snacks, + coffee
Udemy for business account
Free spanish classes
Yoga and meditation
Brand new office in the iconic torre glories
Flexible compensation plan to increase the net salary
TravelPerk at a glance
TravelPerk focuses on SaaS, Travel, and Software Engineering. Their company has offices in Chicago, London, Barcelona, and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, TravelPerk has raised $28M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2018.