TravelMeetEat is the world's first friend-finding app for travel-foodies
Developer - Full Stack$0k – $1k • 1.0% – 3.0%
TravelMeetEat.com (TME) facilitates the online connection of passionate, traveling foodies who, through our unique matching feature, get connected, meet and share fun culinary experiences offline. Most travelers who say they want to eat where locals eat turn to mainstream sources for restaurant recommendations, or at best, pay a fee to eat a meal in a stranger’s home based on photos and reviews. TME enables travelers to establish a connection and develop rapport first, thus providing a more authentic and personalized local foodie experience.
At present, we are still beta testing our web and mobile applications. We’re a small, bootstrapped team, on an innovative and creative journey! We’re keen to meet some exciting geniuses so if you are the one, please contact us. This is a remote-based opportunity.
What we’re looking for
At TME, Full Stack Developers are creative problem solvers who strive to reconcile business challenges using various technologies to create effective marketing solutions.
Our team is looking for high performance full-stack developer with an entrepreneurial mindset. As a Full Stack Developer, you will build new solutions that enable our partners and customers to realize the full potential of those solutions. You will write production-grade code for TME Ads products in collaboration with product engineering teams.
This niche team has become a critical function at TME, not only to ensure the success of our partners on the platform but also to prototype opportunities we identify whilst interacting with clients. Collaborating deeply with clients to solve difficult problems, you will help build solutions to achieve business objectives such as performance marketing and brand awareness.
This role will allow you to apply your passion for problem solving and consult clients on creating and executing an ad-tech strategy. You would form part of a small client facing engineering team to help integrate TME in their products and services. The teams sits at the crossroads between various organizations like core engineering, product & marketing helping facilitate communication but also helping bring ideas from the market to life – and that’s something you look forward to.
What we think you will need to succeed
• Breadth of experience, having worked on front-end, back-end and whatever it takes to make users successful and delighted
• Up-to-date software engineering knowledge and problem-solving skills (both in development and in production mode)
• Customer-facing skills; ability to understand user needs through conversation and product intuition, articulate their challenges to the team, and build and deploy solutions
• Willingness to ask for support from experts within the team when their particular skills are required
• Being curious and willing to constantly build on your knowledge of new technologies when needed
• Proficient in a Unix/Linux environment
• Ability to take extreme ownership over your work. Every day is a challenge to ensure you are performing to the expectations you and the team have agreed upon, both in regards to estimates and to general process.
• English Skills (ability to effectively communicate via written and spoken English).
• You're passionate about software development...it's not just your career, it's your hobby. You're constantly striving to learn new things and improve. You follow industry news, regularly tinker with new technologies, and read books and blogs to keep your skills current.
What you will be expected to do:
• Ship reliable, scalable, efficient code to advertisers, serving up ads to users
• Build new products and improve existing ones in collaboration with our Product Engineering Teams
• Influence the road map and product development of TME Ads to meet our client's business challenges and align with TME's business objectives
• Have a genuine desire to help change the world
• Be up-to-date with emerging trends in mobile technology
• Have opinions on tech stack and help clients make meaningful business decisions
• Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
• Contribute to the company dynamics through your unique perspective
• Champion Agile development practices
• Create and maintain a dynamic and collaborative environment
What you should be technically competent in:
• Solid software development skills with experience building software developed in (at least one) Python, Node.JS, C# or Java
• Object-oriented programming (OOP) paradigm and object modeling.
• RESTful APIs to connect applications to back-end services
• Open-source ecosystem and available libraries
• Application benchmarking and optimization
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you.
At TravelMeetEat, we don’t just accept difference – it’s one of our key values. Everybody In means we listen to each other’s opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and we are a team that works as one towards our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
TravelMeetEat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.