Don't Edit Yourself!
Lead Designer @theTRASHapp
TRASH is an early-stage consumer startup. We’re making it easier for everyone to be able to share their story in video by simplifying editing using AI. You can check us out in the App Store!
This is a dream job for a senior designer generalist who wants autonomy and the opportunity for a lot of growth (and potentially building a design team) as the company matures. Our userbase is young (think Snapchat) and the app has a lot of fun challenges including: user profiles, UGC, camera capture, video editing controls and designing for algorithms / ML. You would also be responsible for our website / web player and all brand assets, promotional merch etc. This is a hands-on execution role.
- 4 years of consumer-facing design experience doing the following:
- Holistic design skills: from inception to final product
- Writing your own briefs and requirements based on product direction
- Running user research and enlisting others to help
- Market research of competitive landscape
- Presenting your work in design crit to a team, taking feedback
- Hiring other designers / specialists when necessary
- Ability to create production-ready assets with attention to detail
- Experience designing for iOS, Web, brand assets/merch
- Are a design generalist with a focus on UI for iOS
- You can do the gamut of user research, UX, UI, visual design and typography
- Are able to code basic, basic web or have an understanding of HTML / CSS
- Are humble, curious, and have “strong opinions loosely held”
- Are self-motivated and comfortable working with ambiguity.
- Are proactive not reactive. You never wait for what to do.
- Have some experience managing freelancers
- Video editing and motion graphics skills (Final Cut, Premiere, After Effects)
- Basic management experience
- Product strategy
HOW TO APPLY?
Please email your resume & portfolio to email@example.com.
TRASH at a glance
TRASH focuses on Video, Artificial Intelligence, and Entertainment Industry. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco Bay Area, and Brooklyn. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.