Don't Edit Yourself!
Backend Software Engineer @theTRASHapp
Hi, we’re TRASH, a video app startup that uses hot-off-the-presses academic research and our own in-house innovations in Machine Learning, Computer Vision, and Computational Cinematography to make videos edit themselves. Backed by some of the best early-stage institutional funds, we’re a small, fun diverse team of startup veterans, PhDs, and content creators based out of NYC and LA. We’re a design-driven company, meaning users and the user experience comes first, always!
We are currently seeking a Backend Software Engineer to become an integral part of our crew!
You’ll be responsible for a database-backed consumer video app that relies on Node and GraphQL. Besides streaming video and maintaining customer account functions, you’ll be working with our machine learning team to provide SOTA AI video editing and content retrieval to support the AI running in our iOS app.
Most importantly, we’re seeking someone who wants to take on a challenge, think outside the box, and work with a diverse and world-class team to build something truly memorable. This stuff is hard, and a whole lot of fun!
Our current stack is Python, Node.js, GraphQL, Postgres, and several AWS components. Swift skills are a plus for integrating with our iOS app.
Oh! Did I mention, you will do all of this 100% remotely with health benefits and lots of flexibility!
Have experience with the following:
- 3+ years of experience with Node.js as a backend developer
- API and data design considerations for mobile clients
- Relational databases (ex. Postgres) and NoSQL database solutions
- Systems thinking with privacy and user concerns ‘upfront’
- Real-world deployment of high availability services
- Working with AWS or other cloud-based services providers
- Integration with analytics APIs, dashboards and monitoring tooling, i.e. Amplitude
- Experience working independently with minimum guidance, and with a group
- Experience juggling hosting cost vs performance
- Familiarity with web development using ReactJS
- Foundational networking technologies like IP, TCP/UDP, DNS, HTTP, HTTPS, DNSSEC
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience with GraphQL and/or Sequelize
- Have experience with Python
- Have experience with video hosting and storage, video streaming, or video on demand infrastructure requirements, server-side encode/transcode
- Familiarity with CDNs
- Have experience working on iOS or mobile development
- Have experience managing costs associated with AWS
- Like taking/sharing photos or videos, have an interest in pop culture, music, film, or have creative hobbies/side projects!
- Like learning new technologies and/or taking on new challenges
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong project and time-management skills
How to apply?
Please email your resume to email@example.com, along with your answers to the following questions:
- Why do you want to work for a start-up?
- What do you enjoy working on in your spare time?
- What does diversity and inclusion mean for you?
Wanna learn more about us and what it's like to work with us? Check out some of our blogs @ https://medium.com/@thetrashapp
Meet your team
TRASH at a glance
TRASH focuses on Video, Artificial Intelligence, and Entertainment Industry. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco Bay Area, and Brooklyn. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.