Head of Business Research
Trasers is a specialized business research organization focused on providing inputs to CEOs, Business & IT leaders on developing and evolving their digital transformation strategy. Our research vehicles are designed to empower clients through objective and actionable insights at different levels and guide them into well-designed strategies. Our research combines large volumes of primary data with the experience of analysts to produce ‘fact based insights’. To support this, Trasers launched the world’s largest survey on digital transformations (GDTS2019), which received over 9,500 responses from leaders of every major function in companies from 16 industries worldwide.
The Trasers range of products- Syndicated Reports organized by Industry & Role, Custom Research, Benchmarking (of Digital Evolution of Business/IT Functions & the Enterprise), Training & Development and Consulting Services are designed to position Trasers as THE RESEARCH PARTNER in Clients’ digital transformation journeys. Trasers is also launching Trasers+, a ‘by invitation only global professional network for Leaders’ where leaders can interact, seek and provide help, ideate and conduct or attend digitally orchestrated events.
In order to transform the experience from individual enlightenment toward a team-centric information exchange, Trasers has also created a total digital collaboration platform. With the help of this platform, readers can make and exchange notes, share feedback, ask questions and collaborate with their teams using research. With the combination of a focus on digital transformations, fact based insights, a digital experience and a professional network- we are disrupting the business research industry. Trasers is launching in June 2019. Join us in helping clients benefit from a fresh new approach for research development and dissemination using an enterprise-wide digital collaboration platform.
The Head of Business Research will be responsible for leading the Business Research & Advisory Team. You will lead a team of research analysts who are focused on 10 different business units within High Technology companies. Your focus will be on developing research reports based on data that is collected. You will have a solid background in business to business research, while building out and leading a team of exceptional analysts.
Responsibilities - Research Management
- Build out and lead a team of 10 research analysts across these business units (R &D, Manufacturing, Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain, Service, HR, legal, Procurement, and Finance)
- Carry out feasibility studies in individual capacity on the marketability of the business units.
- Approve TOC for customized or advisory reports
- Manage complex primary and secondary technology research and impact measurement projects, from end-to-end, including:
- Owning data strategy and analysis planning
- Managing the team globally and liaising with various Industry analysts in each area of research
- Leading insight generation, and overseeing the creation of effective reports and client deliverables
- Lead operational and financial performance of account teams, manage timelines and ensure that client requests receive quick and appropriate responses
- Initiate, organize and execute handling of qualitative market research projects
- Evaluate research tools and emerging technology
- Drive ethical research management principles in business and industry research.
Responsibilities - Research Advisory
- Ask the right questions, identify and understand business objectives, and ultimately scope the right research that will have the most impact
- Provide strategic counsel to clients throughout all stages of the research process
- Identify insights, create stories, and effectively communicate research results that will drive strategy and enable clients to accomplish their business objectives
Responsibilities - Leadership
- Supervise the research staff and set departmental and individual employee goals, providing routine evaluations of progress toward these goals
- Identify and promote professional growth opportunities for staff. Ensure adherence to professional standards and ethics of research.
- MBA from a business school with 10-15+ years of experience in a research or Advisory firm;
- Proven expertise managing/juggling multiple research and advisory projects at the same time - ideally with high levels of detail and demand
- Experience building and leading a team of research analysts
- Client service orientation – verified expertise managing relationships to spot needs, convey understanding and/or translate needs into action
- Problem solving orientation – established expertise managing through issues in terms of pinpointing problems and devising solutions
- Detail Orientation – ability to balance overall project goals with a multitude of logistics needs, key milestones, and execution/coordination of tasks
- Strong oral/written communication skills – ready to understand/interpret, clarify and ensure that others’ communications/ requests are heard and understood
- Comfortable and confident using technology as an integral part of the sales process, with experience using Salesforce.
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is client-focused, with proven expertise in research (with regular interaction and understanding of MR)
- Adaptable and compatible to ensure a conducive work environment to nurture inquisitive inquiries;
- Leads by example when it comes to your subject of expertise;
- Demonstrated ability to get the best out of teams, investing in their development and striking the right balance between tasks and relationships
- Enjoys travel, seeing new places, and meeting new people – it is the heart of what we do!
Trasers at a glance
Trasers focuses on Market Research. Their company has offices in Santa Clara. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees.
You can view their website at http://www.trasers.com