Cash in on your closet
Software Engineer, Front-End
Tradesy provides a peer-to-peer marketplace for buying and selling luxury fashion to savvy customers. We help our customers feel empowered and enable them to unlock the value in their closet, so that they can access affordable luxury. Our mission is to make fashion resale as simple, safe, and stylish as retail—at scale. We have millions of passionate members, a product that people love, and a team culture that gives you the freedom to work from wherever you are.
The successful front end engineer will work closely with other engineers, designers, and product owners to develop and maintain web applications that are beautiful, fast, extensible, maintainable, accessible, and robust. They will effectively communicate about timelines, challenges and tradeoffs and help support a workflow that runs like a well oiled machine.
This role reports directly to the Engineering Manager.
*You Will: *
- Help migrate our system to a React front end
- Feature development and maintenance of our consumer experience for Tradesy.com
- Work closely with QA to make sure good unit, integration, and functional tests are written and passed
- Ensure that the impacts of your changes on the system are fully understood across the team
- Work closely with product/design to give early technical feedback on how features and other changes are implemented, how they affect timelines, and what tradeoffs they require
- Display a thirst to learn new technologies and spike test new ideas
*You Have: *
- 3+ years of experience building beautiful web applications using HTML, CSS and ES6+
- 3+ years of experience working with frontend frameworks like Backbone, jQuery, Angular, React, Vue, etc…
- Solid grasp of SASS and related tools preferred
- Solid understanding of frontend tooling like webpack/babel/npm/gulp/grunt/jenkins
- A well developed approach to translating a design comp into technical requirements
- A basic understanding of what things impact SEO and performance
- Excellent communication skills
- Pride in your craftsmanship
- A great attitude!
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Stock options
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Remote Friendly Department
- Flexible Working Hours
- Monthly allowance towards phone or internet bill
If interested, please apply through the link below:
Tradesy at a glance
Tradesy focuses on E-Commerce, Peer-to-Peer, Marketplaces, and Collaborative Consumption. Their company has offices in Santa Monica. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Tradesy has raised $74.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2016.