Leader in visitor management platforms
Senior Quality Engineer$85k – $115k
As our Senior Quality Engineer, you will be creating and executing test strategy for our amazing product – Traction Guest. You’re a lover of detail but still have a handle on the big picture, and you excel at tracking processes to keep your team mates in the loop and on track.
Traction Guest’s hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here’s what we mean by that:
Culture at Traction Guest isn’t about drinking beer and playing ping-pong – it’s much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don’t just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are – do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction Guest – you’ve got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just “git ‘r done.”
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
Degree or diploma in Computing Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field
At least 3 years of experience in the software industry writing end to end automated tests with Selenium Protractor, Puppeteer or similar automation tools
Previous experience designing and building medium complexity test systems and frameworks, and also experience managing test infrastructure
Excellent computer literacy and business and technical acumen
Excellent written and interpersonal communication, and documentation skills
Ability to objectively review and qualify objective data
Proven track record of project management success
- 1+ years of experience in the security software industry
- Supertest experience
- Experience with Mocha or Chai
- Experience with Jest, Puppeteer, or K6
What You Will Be Doing
- Be a subject matter expert to teams across the organization on all things related to product quality
- Organize and lead all QE guild meetings
- Assist with the development of QE software for our testing facility
- Oversee the quality of all software products created by our design and programming team
- Provide quarterly inspection data and quality assurance reports to senior management
- Work with the release teams to ensure best automation testing practices are followed
- Provide software engineers and developers with necessary analysis tools
- Keep up to date with the latest testing trends, tools and approaches.
Traction Guest at a glance
Traction Guest focuses on SaaS. Their company has offices in Seattle, Vancouver, and Dublin. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees.
You can view their website at https://tractionguest.com/