Trace helps businesses simplify how they buy things, manage budgets, and understand their finances
Head of Customer Operations$100k – $150k • 0.1% – 1.0%
The mission of the Head of Operations is to be a trusted advisor to our customers and support them on their path to better financial health. This person will serve as the voice of our customers and instill a customer-first mindset in our leadership team and the broader organization. Once the post-sale customer journey is defined, our leader will scale the organization with high standards for team performance and culture. We'll work towards market-leading time to value, customer satisfaction, and retention.
The ideal candidate has built and managed operations from early-stage to scale and is still willing to roll up their sleeves. Their customer partners love to work with them because they build trust and always bring a smile. This person is process orientated, has strong attention to detail, and is a great teacher. They can identify and recruit top talent, and build a high-performing team with a trusting and mission-driven culture. They're a broad and curious thinker who can support and influence their peers in Product, Sales, Marketing, and Finance. They have a strong presence in leadership and board meetings, but without ego -- always putting the business and team first.
• Map post-sale customer journey and set expectations (touchpoints, SLAs, etc.)
• Serve as the voice of the customer to influence the product roadmap, marketing programs, and create a customer-first culture.
• Onboard enterprise customers and create a repeatable implementation program.
• Work with product to design and architect features to improve implementation productivity, time to value, and overall customer experience.
• Manage customer support inquiries and build systems and processes to meet SLAs.
• Create customer training materials, resource center, and community/advocacy programs.
• Optimize customer lifetime value by defining and measuring key operational metrics (retention, upsell, CSAT, gross margins)
• Define productivity targets, create operating plans, and scale team with customer growth.
• Entrepreneurial mindset with a strong work ethic.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation skills.
• Strong team mentorship and coaching abilities.
• Strategic thinker with excellent problem solving and analytic skills.
• Process-orientated with high attention to detail.
• Ability to improve operations with product requirements or process excellence.
• Experience with Enterprise SaaS operations and recurring revenue business model.
• Experience supporting Corporate Finance is preferred.
• Bachelors degree required. Finance or Operations focus is preferred.
• 8+ years of progressive experience including leading customer-facing organizations.