Trace helps businesses simplify how they buy things, manage budgets, and understand their finances
Senior Full Stack Engineer$140k – $180k • 0.0% – 1.0%
We're on a mission to improve the financial health of all businesses so their people can thrive. We're a veteran founding team with deep expertise in our market. You’ll be joining an excellent early-stage engineering team where everyone has a lot of responsibility and opportunities for major impact.
• Design, develop, implement and test new product features.
• Refine and iterate on the existing product to improve business metrics and/or performance (e.g. reduce the time to first interaction for a specific landing page).
• Build tools to monitor and manage our application
• Troubleshoot and resolve bugs and issues
• Make code reviews and provide feedback to your team.
• Experience working on large scale web or mobile based applications
• Experience in web technologies such as ES6, React, Webpack, Babel, SCSS; and curiosity to learn more.
• Passion for great user experience
• Strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions; behave like an owner
• Encourage other people to work with you, solve for the team
Why Join Us?
• Proven team with senior leadership and subject-matter expertise. Mike our CEO was VP of Finance at Zenefits and built financial systems at Facebook; Martin managed multiple Product and Engineering teams at Box.
• Product-market fit with happy customers and great sales prospects.
• Experience building and launching products at scale and successful exit in the past.
• Large software market $100B+ and B2B payments market $90B+. Every company struggles with their spend management. Information is scattered in a bunch of spreadsheet exports, endless email threads, contracts in employees folders, bank statements, etc. Without visibility, it's hard to feel accountable. This is a problem every company has, and this is what we want to solve with you.
• First 10 employees set the culture and have incredible influence on the business.
• You’ll be key in building new features and supporting our great customers.
• We offer meaningful equity ownership and have significantly de-risked the business.
• We have many years of runway and great financial health.
There's a large variety of problems to solve. To name a few:
• how to keep our Single Page Application ultra responsive and fast to load,
• how to structure our API to keep the various services decoupled, easy to understand, secured and performant.
• how to store the company financial data so that it can be digested and presented in reports that are flexible, fast to load, etc.
• how can you leverage the collected data to provide more value to our customers (think machine learning and AI to do things like invoice and contract analysis, vendor recommendation, data anomaly detection)
• how do we monitor and manage our infrastructure and keep it secure?
Our Engineering Values
• Make work you're proud of: we solve hard problems and we build for leverage.
• Have the hard conversation: We believe in direct, frank and open communication. Access to the right information is critical to the success of the individual, team and company.
• Be the person you want to work with: someone who’s able to listen carefully your thoughts, who’s solving for the team, who’s technically impressive and who behave like an owner.