iPad POS System
Software Development Manager
Looking to work for an awesome team? You've come to the right place! Our technology team is a tight-knit group helping drive substantial product development as we continue to grow. Fix it, Ship it, Own it is our department mantra and we try to live it daily. We value shipping quality code that delivers end-to-end functionality and then iterating and improving on that code using feedback loops from our observability stack.
TouchBistro is looking for a Software Development Manager. Our POS system is evolving and our customers are demanding more product capabilities and more flexibility with the current feature set. As a member of the Technology leadership team, you will have the chance to help guide delivery for a few of our amazing teams AND work with some amazingly talented developers in the process.
Reporting to a Director of Software Development, you will be responsible for ensuring that roadmap timelines for development are feasible, that your team(s) is/are pointed in the right direction, unblocked, delivering consistently and that your people are happy and consistently challenged. The department is poised for growth and along with that comes many opportunities to learn different skills both technical and non.
- Help develop and mentor employees across teams
- Lead and inspire a highly skilled, mixed discipline software development team
- Collaborate to set and drive team performance goals, assess and coach on individual performance goals
- Collaborate with the Product team to help define, document and manage changes to project scope and objectives
- Fix it! Ship it! Own it!
ALL ABOUT YOU
- 1+ years of experience in a technical and people leadership position
- Capable of guiding teams to deliver high performing software with a focus on quality, speed and iteration to completion
- Excellent written and communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and management in groups and one-on-one
- Historical experience with agile development practices, both process and technical: Kanban/Scrum cadence, refactoring, evolving architectures, technical debt
- Hands-on web or mobile software development background
- Some exposure to software delivery infrastructures, CI/CD, feature flags and instrumentation tooling
WHY CHOOSE US?
TouchBistro is an award-winning iPad Point of Sale system, built for restaurant people by restaurant people. We’re a team of thinkers, builders, doers, and innovators. While many of us have experience working at restaurants, some of us just have a true passion for the industry.
At TouchBistro you’ll join a fun, vibrant and rapid growth environment where you’ll work with individuals who share the same values of being passionate, innovative, accountable, collaborative and respectful. We offer great benefits such as stock options, career progression, professional development, volunteer days, health/dental benefits and more!
So, what do you say? Are you ready to become part of something awesome?
TouchBistro believes in fostering an inclusive workplace where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.
Company Equity (stock options for all full-time employees)
Generous Time Off Program
Company Lunch Fridays
Indoor Bike Racks
TouchBistro at a glance
TouchBistro focuses on SaaS, Restaurants, iPad, and Technology. Their company has offices in Toronto. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, TouchBistro has raised $117.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2018.